FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Mileage Accelerator (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/76746-mileage-accelerator.html)

anim8r Sep 24, 2003 12:41 am

Mileage Accelerator

WorldPerks is matching all car rental miles with Mileage Accelerator
Rev up your WorldPerks account! October 1 - December 31, 2003, Northwest Airlines will match all WorldPerks miles, including Bonus Miles, you earn from Alamo® Rent A Car, Dollar Rent A Car, National Car Rental® or Thrifty Car Rental. Register first, then hit the road with WorldPerks car rental partners and earn hundreds or thousands of additional miles!

Click here http://www.nwa.com/promo/accelerator/
and enter registration number 8045.

SDF_Traveler Sep 24, 2003 5:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anim8r:
WorldPerks is matching all car rental miles with Mileage Accelerator
Rev up your WorldPerks account! October 1 - December 31, 2003, Northwest Airlines will match all WorldPerks miles, including Bonus Miles, you earn from Alamo® Rent A Car, Dollar Rent A Car, National Car Rental® or Thrifty Car Rental. Register first, then hit the road with WorldPerks car rental partners and earn hundreds or thousands of additional miles!

Click here http://www.nwa.com/promo/accelerator/
and enter registration number 8045.
</font>

Do we have to pay extra 'excise tax' for FF's on car rentals to get this bonus? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

I've claimed the last couple of my car rentals, but some times it seems it just isn't worth it for 50 miles here, 150 there, etc., and then getting taxed for the miles (granted it's not a huge tax, but still, getting taxed).

Besides, a couple of the better rental companies, IMHO, aren't even WP partners anymore.

Best,

SDF_Traveler

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by SDF_Traveler (edited 09-24-2003).]

Infinity Sep 24, 2003 8:46 am

Is there anything different with registration number 8045?
On the website, it says, "If you do not have a registration number, please use 8046."

CMW Sep 24, 2003 9:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SDF_Traveler:

Do we have to pay extra 'excise tax' for FF's on car rentals to get this bonus? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

I've claimed the last couple of my car rentals, but some times it seems it just isn't worth it for 50 miles here, 150 there, etc., and then getting taxed for the miles (granted it's not a huge tax, but still, getting taxed).

Besides, a couple of the better rental companies, IMHO, aren't even WP partners anymore.

Best,

SDF_Traveler

</font>
National has a 50 cents/day FF surcharge for some airlines. Northwest is still being assessed the 7.5% Frequent Flyer Tax Recoupment Surcharge .

From the National website(couldn't get the link to work):

"Beginning 7/13/03 National will introduce a Frequent Flyer Service Charge in the amount of $.50 per day for qualifying rentals in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico when renters choose to receive Frequent Flyer miles or credits. This service charge is being collected by National in order to offset the administrative and program costs associated with participation in Frequent Flyer programs.
This service charge applies to the following programs:
Alaska Airlines - Mileage Plan
America West Airlines - FlightFund®
Continental Airlines - OnePass®
Delta Air Lines - SkyMiles®
Frontier Airlines - EarlyReturns®
Midwest Airlines - Midwest Miles
United Airlines - Mileage Plus®
The new Frequent Flyer Service Charge will replace the Frequent Flyer Tax Recoupment Fee for the above listed airlines. The Frequent Flyer Tax Recoupment Surcharge (7.5% Federal Excise Tax on the cost of miles awarded at the time of rental) will remain in effect for qualifying rentals in the US when renters choose to receive miles from American and Northwest Airlines. "

[This message has been edited by CMW (edited 09-24-2003).]

Ole Sep 24, 2003 12:12 pm

There's also a targeted elite offer. See below.

"Plus, you have been selected to receive a special Elite offer. The mileage match awarded by Northwest car rental transactions made between October 1 and November 30, 2003, will count toward your 2004 Elite tier qualification. To qualify for this special offer, the October and November car rental transactions must be received by Northwest from the car rental partner by December 29, 2003. Please be sure you request your WorldPerks miles at the time of rental car pick-up (since the mileage match on retro-credit requests will not count toward 2004 Elite tier qualification if they are received by Northwest on or after December 30, 2003 ).*"

anim8r Sep 24, 2003 12:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ole:

"Plus, you have been selected to receive a special Elite offer. The mileage match awarded by Northwest car rental transactions made between October 1 and November 30, 2003, will count toward your 2004 Elite tier qualification. To qualify for this special offer, the October and November car rental transactions must be received by Northwest from the car rental partner by December 29, 2003. Please be sure you request your WorldPerks miles at the time of rental car pick-up (since the mileage match on retro-credit requests will not count toward 2004 Elite tier qualification if they are received by Northwest on or after December 30, 2003 ).*"
</font>
Lucky you; must be targeting gold and silver elites, as I am not aware of this offer.

Mileage Accelerator Terms and Conditions:

Mileage Accelerator mileage match offer valid October 1, 2003, through December 31, 2003.
Eligible members must first register to earn mileage match. After registration, only WorldPerks standard miles and Bonus Miles earned on qualifying car rental transactions posted to your WorldPerks account with a transaction date on or after your registration date and between October 1, 2003, and December 31, 2003, will qualify to receive mileage match from Northwest. Northwest will use the transaction date received from the car rental partner, which is the start date of the rental, when determining qualifying transactions.
Retro registration will not be accepted.
Mileage match will post as Banked Miles, with a Description of Mileage Credit shown as "WorldPerks Mileage Accelerator Bonus", at the same time as the qualifying standard miles and Bonus Miles from the car rental partner post as Banked Miles. Banked Miles are good toward WorldPerks free travel and do not count toward Elite status.
Individual WorldPerks Partners' terms and conditions apply.
Please keep your printed confirmation as proof of registration. Northwest is not responsible for any malfunctions associated with web registration process that result in late registration or incomplete information.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to post to your WorldPerks account. Northwest is not responsible for partner posting delays.
Participation in WorldPerks is subject to the terms and conditions of the WorldPerks Program.

(edited to correct UBB code)

[This message has been edited by anim8r (edited 09-24-2003).]

mot29 Sep 24, 2003 12:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ole:

</font>
Is the code number different for the targetted offer? Will it work if not programmed in?
thanks.

SDF_Traveler Sep 24, 2003 3:14 pm

</font>
How did you get targeted with that? I'm a NW elite FF and didn't get that (or is it seperate under the elite offers page perhaps?).

Best,

SDF_Traveler

------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

Beckles Sep 24, 2003 5:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
National has a 50 cents/day FF surcharge for some airlines. Northwest is still being assessed the 7.5% Frequent Flyer Tax Recoupment Surcharge .</font>
Interestingly enough I just switched 3 upcoming rentals I had with National from earning AA miles to NW miles, and it looks like National must pay less for NW miles than AA miles because the Fftxrsu decreased from 13 cents to 12 cents for 100 mile rentals and from 39 cents to 36 cents for the 300 mile rental I have upcoming.

.39/300/.075 = 1.73 cents/mile for AA miles
.36/300/.075 = 1.60 cents/mile for NW miles

SDF_Traveler Sep 24, 2003 7:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
Interestingly enough I just switched 3 upcoming rentals I had with National from earning AA miles to NW miles, and it looks like National must pay less for NW miles than AA miles because the Fftxrsu decreased from 13 cents to 12 cents for 100 mile rentals and from 39 cents to 36 cents for the 300 mile rental I have upcoming.
</font>
I just used National at PDX and got a big whopping 100 miles. The FFTXRSU per my receipt is .12 as well.

If NW miles can be gotten cheaper than say AA (or other airlines), I wonder why NW has dropped the major car partners (or vice-versa).

Out of the group NW has, I'm usually happy with National and Dollar. However, I'd really like to see Avis, Hertz, or even Budget as a partner. I'll have to say between Avis & Hertz, I usually get the best service, best automobile selection, and consistency -- whereas with some of the other companies, they're ok, but I've found the consistency to be lacking between different locations.

FWIW, Dollar did quite good for me on my last rental at MCO -- ended up in a brand new (red) Ford Mustang.

I typically look for the best deal when renting, but if I rented a bit more often, I'd likely stay with one company and enroll in one of the "Hertz #1" type programs. Speaking of such programs, out of the group NW has as partners now, who has the best one?

Best,

SDF_Traveler

------------------

Beckles Sep 25, 2003 9:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SDF_Traveler:
I typically look for the best deal when renting, but if I rented a bit more often, I'd likely stay with one company and enroll in one of the "Hertz #1" type programs. Speaking of such programs, out of the group NW has as partners now, who has the best one?</font>
National is by far the best of NW partners ... they don't try to pressure you to buy insurance, they have a pretty nice program with Emerald Aisle (admittedly a little hit or miss sometimes, but still better than the NW partner alternatives), they have competitive prices usually, and right now they have a great promo going (1 free rental day coupon after every two rentals of 2 days or more).

That being said, I don't choose rental cars for a particular trip based on partner, I select based on price. In this case, I had selected National for three upcoming trips to Florida and with this new promo decided I'd rather have 100 NW miles/day for those rentals than 50 AA miles/day, so the NW promo is a nice bonus little bonus for those rentals.

Ole Sep 25, 2003 4:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mot29:
Is the code number different for the targetted offer? Will it work if not programmed in?
thanks.

</font>
The registration number is 8341. I'd guess you'd have to be targeted for it to work, but it's worth a shot.

rashby Sep 26, 2003 6:50 am

How did you get targeted on the elite promo (IE e-mail, snail mail, etc.)

Ole Sep 27, 2003 9:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rashby:
How did you get targeted on the elite promo (IE e-mail, snail mail, etc.)</font>
I didn't have to do anything special. When I typed in my WP#, it told me I was targeted and gave me the special registration number. I've never been targeted for anything before.

Duckman Sep 30, 2003 12:10 pm

I'm NW Silver and I didn't get targetted, unfortunately. Too bad, as it would help me get to Gold in 2003.