FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   NW elite privileges flying Delta? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/76719-nw-elite-privileges-flying-delta.html)

ermdjdsj Oct 7, 2003 1:11 pm

NW elite privileges flying Delta?

A question for NW elites who have flown since NW started up the new partnership with Delta:

I understand that WP elite members can earn EQM while flying Delta, but can they also get other privileges while flying Delta, pre-boarding privileges and business class check in, and special seating?

If so, does this apply only on domestic flights, or also on international?

bikenski Oct 7, 2003 1:55 pm

I've only flown DL once since the partnership began, and encountered the following:

1st Class elite upgrade? Absolutely not!

Premium advance seating assignments? No. (DL phone agent claimed she had no way to verify NW elite status)

Medallion / 1st Class check-in lines? Yes. (Showed NW Gold elite card)

Pre-Boarding? Yes. (Showed NW Gold elite card)

Crown Room Club access? Yes. (Showed WorldClub card and DL boarding pass)

Arcolaio99 Oct 7, 2003 2:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bikenski:
I've only flown DL once since the partnership began, and encountered the following:

Premium advance seating assignments? No. (DL phone agent claimed she had no way to verify NW elite status)

</font>
I second those experiences. Although in the CR I was able to get the csr to assign exit or bulkhead seating for my gf and I.

cab747 Oct 7, 2003 3:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bikenski:

</font>
Sounds just like my experiences on the few times I have flown DL as a CO Gold.

MSP Flyer Oct 7, 2003 3:34 pm

</font>

Too funny! I ditto those experiences. The seats are small! on some of those planes. The preboarding was nice.. and I love the COCACOLA on Delta.. (Atlanta you know!!) so I can get my Diet Coke - not Diet *&#$@ they serve on NWA..

I was kinda ticked about the better seats. The agent at checkin was apologetic about the no FC upgrades (flying from MSP - they deal with the NW people alot).. but no way to do it ... yet... keep your fingers crossed.

I will say this - the Delta mileage appeared in my account the next day - much faster than my NW miles do sometimes! Very impressed.

santo Oct 7, 2003 3:36 pm

Not as an answer to the original poster, but some more details on the NW-DL parnership could be found here:
http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/earn/airfl.shtml#delta

Radiocycle Oct 7, 2003 7:06 pm

The 100% EQM worldperk credit we enjoy is not enjoyed by DL Frequent fliers that fly on discount tickets.

It would be easy to match benefits with DL if NWA "dropped" our EQM's for discount tickets.

Worldperks has not done that therefore it may be a long time before benefits are matched between DL and NWA.

RC

The NWA kid Oct 7, 2003 7:23 pm

Them is scary w3rds!