Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Earn Bonus Miles on flights to Europe,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Just got this email

Travel to Europe and receive up to 10,000 Bonus Miles

http://www.nwa.com/offers/bonuseunov...212.intro3.ebm
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:39 am

Why only let US members register?
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Originally Posted by SirJman
Why only let US members register?
Because....

1. this is a VERY short term promotion, only valid for travel in the next 7 days outbound to Europe, and return flight can be anytime. After that, the "Holiday Rush" begins.

2. NW seems to have an abundance of empty Coach seats from the US that they are trying to fill with last minute purchases (note that only Coach tickets will receive the bonus, and no bonus offered for WBC tickets)

3. this offer seems to be aimed at US travelers who would not normally fly on NW to Europe. Note in the Terms and Conditions that if you are already registered for a "point-based promotion", such as Mystery Miles, which most regular NW flyers have registered for long ago, then you are excluded from being able to also claim these Bonus Miles. This is the first time I can remember seeing such an exclusion, so it appears to be targeting incremental revenue only, rather than anything else.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Interesting. Typically NW marketing would have caught this.

The banner says "Receive up to 10,000 bonus miles". In fact, you can "Receive up to 30,000 bonus miles".

The T&C's say this is valid for up to THREE round trips. Of course, you'd have to basically start your three turn-around round-trips today or tomorrow (at the latest) to qualify for 30,000 miles.

-RM
Old Dec 12, 2007, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Scoop, this is pretty deceptive because this line has never been in there before. I went to NWA.com/Promotions the other day and signed up. I ended up booking a B ticket BOS-AMS and thought I was getting the bonus.

Why would anyone assume you can not take this promo if you have signed up for MM? At the very least the web registration should kick you out if you are signed up for mystery miles.... I rarely say this but this is just not fair.

**Bonus Miles will not be awarded to passengers that have registered to earn points through any other promotion for the same flight. **
Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL GM
Once again the folks who create the T&Cs for a NW promotion have slipped in a weird, totally-unprecedented condition that will create mountains of ill-will among their best customers. I would have thought that, after the debacle of the double EQM promotion T&Cs in 2005, they might have learned their lessons.

I suggest that NWA market-test the T&Cs of new promotions with some frequent travelers. I'd happily sign and respect an NDA to be on that committee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.