Northwest Price vs. KLM Price

Old Sep 27, 03, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Northwest Price vs. KLM Price

I was flying Detroit to Amsterdam in December. In Amsterdam, I will fly KLM to Lebanon. I wanted to purchase this ticket from the NWA webpage, however, I was suprised to see that the same ticket (AMS to BEY) was considerably less money on the KLM page.

Does anybody know if I can purchase this ticket from the KLM page, and save the money? Will this work?
Old Sep 27, 03, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by paravirtue:

I was flying Detroit to Amsterdam in December. In Amsterdam, I will fly KLM to Lebanon. I wanted to purchase this ticket from the NWA webpage, however, I was suprised to see that the same ticket (AMS to BEY) was considerably less money on the KLM page.

Does anybody know if I can purchase this ticket from the KLM page, and save the money? Will this work?
</font>
I believe if you're US based it wont ticket
Old Sep 27, 03, 8:19 pm

You can book off the KLM website. Just select a country of residence in Europe. I have done this for tickets from Singapore to Jakarta on KLM. It was an e-ticket, that made it easier.

You can enter your WP# during the booking process too.
Old Sep 28, 03, 9:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CommercialDrive:
You can book off the KLM website. Just select a country of residence in Europe. I have done this for tickets from Singapore to Jakarta on KLM. It was an e-ticket, that made it easier.

You can enter your WP# during the booking process too.
</font>
I tried that with lufthansa.de and my credit card was rejected because it was US based. Well, not exactly rejected, the Euro 190 trip was simply repriced to Euro 1250.
Old Sep 28, 03, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
KLM is simply not that sophisticated when it comes to credit cards.
Old Sep 28, 03, 11:06 am

You can purchase your ticket on klm.com (or klm.nl) with no problem. It is totally legal and legit. Prices vary according to the country in which the reservation is ticketed/purchased. I usually hold my reservation until I get to Schiphol, and then pay cash for it. This way, I am physically in the country, so there's absolutely no doubt.
The country in which the credit card is issued is irrelevant. If your card is physically present with you in Europe, you should be able to use it to get the regular local price.
Old Sep 28, 03, 11:12 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Or you could book with a travel agent who is knowledgeable and has access to European buckets? Or try calling KL central reservations that would be the easiest- I myself cannot book online if my trip doesn't originate in my home country, I believe all KLs sites are the same.

------------------
KLM PE,HHonors Diamond,SPG Plat,PC Plat,SAS Silver

Search this Thread