WorldClub has closed in HKG

Old Sep 21, 03, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
WorldClub has closed in HKG

Just found out that NW has closed their WorldClub location in Hong Kong, and has contracted with a common-use lounge called the Hong Kong Lounge. This is similar to other international cities, where a shared lounge is available to WorldClub members.

The fine print states the Hong Kong Lounge may be used by WC Members from 6am to 9am only, and ONLY if you are traveling on NW18 that day.
Old Sep 21, 03, 2:03 am

That is a terrible shame. I used to enjoy visiting the HKG lounge in the late morning after the flight had left and feeding on the leftover snacks!
Old Sep 22, 03, 1:57 am

I think a long time ago NWA contracted with Cathay to use the Pier and Wing lounges. I wish that still were the case.
Old Sep 22, 03, 3:32 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
I will miss the satay MH always provided.

What is going to happen to KL and MH, any news?

Soon we will all be sitting in the SkyTeam lounge.....
Old Sep 22, 03, 7:54 pm

Prior to the closure of the HKG WC, did NW accept the CO PC club passes for admittance? I have used the CO passes at DTW & MSP, but never overseas. I was unsure if there were any limitations imposed based on it being an international city, but I wouldn't think so.

Also, if HKG is closed now, and they contract with someone else, any chance of showing a CO pass for admittance into that contracting airline's room based on it being a NW WC? Seems doubtful, but unsure.

[This message has been edited by cab747 (edited 09-22-2003).]

Search this Thread