How many Silver, Gold, Plat Elite members

Old Sep 17, 03, 10:14 am
mdb
Original Poster

Location: DTW DL DM,TK Gold,EK Silver SPG Gold,Hertz Pres Cirlcle GP Mich
How many Silver, Gold, Plat Elite members

Anybody have any idea how many of each category there are at NW?
Old Sep 17, 03, 3:06 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
As of August, 2001 the Gold line told me 55,000 Gold and 25,000 Platinum
Old Sep 17, 03, 4:54 pm
ermdjdsf

If you count silvers, golds, and platinums, what per cent of NW flyers have elite status?

Old Sep 18, 03, 3:00 pm

Programs: NW Plat
FWIW:

If there are 25,000 Plats, and each Plat averages 20 roundtrips per year @ 4 segments per roundtrip (two out and two back), thatís 80 segments per year per Plat, or a total of 2,000,000 segments per year taken by Plats.

NWA averages about 1500 departures (segments) per day, or 547500 segments per year.

Conclusion: About 4 Plats per flight.

On the other hand, if a fair percentage of Plats get their mileage on Singapore runs and the like, then the total number of Plat segments would be much lower, and the average number of Plats per flight would also be much lower.

J.
Old Sep 18, 03, 11:24 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by barfeld2:
FWIW:

If there are 25,000 Plats, and each Plat averages 20 roundtrips per year @ 4 segments per roundtrip (two out and two back), thatís 80 segments per year per Plat, or a total of 2,000,000 segments per year taken by Plats.

NWA averages about 1500 departures (segments) per day, or 547500 segments per year.

Conclusion: About 4 Plats per flight.

On the other hand, if a fair percentage of Plats get their mileage on Singapore runs and the like, then the total number of Plat segments would be much lower, and the average number of Plats per flight would also be much lower.

J.
</font>

I have never made platinum solely on domestic trips. I am sure many do. I have done 2 SIN and BKK trips during the last 4 years, not mileage runs. Usually my ttravel includes two or three european trips or a europena trip plus a far east trip and travel between DC amd GPT. 52 s egments so far this year of which 44 were paid segments. A trip to SIN , 2 to Frankfurt, 1 each to CDG and AMS witht eh rest coming from trips between DC and GPT. I would have to make 30 GPT-DCA round trips to make plat, at 120 segments.
Old Sep 19, 03, 10:37 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
On a recent NWA FLT (SMF-MSP) I snooped the F.A.'s passenger list left on the cart.

16 FC seats-all full

2 PLAT
10 GOLD
2 no status (paid or connect first or companion)

Bigshaker
Old Sep 19, 03, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion
But what about the other 2 seats? That only adds up to 14. I doubt any companions would be upgraded before silvers.
Old Sep 20, 03, 1:35 am

nonrevs
Old Sep 20, 03, 10:03 am
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
I know a number of plat but do not know any who made it only on USA runs. They all go to AMS or the east at least once a year. This also includes me.
Old Sep 20, 03, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ewj:
I know a number of plat but do not know any who made it only on USA runs. They all go to AMS or the east at least once a year. This also includes me.</font>
Mine included a NRT trip in upgraded coach and a WBC trip to AMS.

I'll requal for Plat on my next trip.
Old Sep 20, 03, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
While it is a lot easiuer getting to plat and beyond doing international, it can also be done quite easily on domestic only basis. For example, do 100 segments at average of 750 miles each and you have 75,000. Bump up the segments, and/or increase the average, it goes up. Throw in a Europe trip, then they really add up.

In previous years I have done in the 120-150 segments per year, in some years with none or just 1-2 Eurpoe trips. Getting to Plat. in that mode is not fun at all...

So another variation on the original question of how many plat, gold, silver, etc. would be of the plats, how many are 100K, 125K, 150K, or higher? In talking with an agent recently, a comment was made to the effect there are several plats, however it really drops off around the 100k mark and very very few in the 200k range.
Old Sep 20, 03, 6:30 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hooverer:
it can also be done quite easily on domestic only basis. For example, do 100 segments at average of 750 miles each and you have 75,000.
</font>

100 segments is not easy. When are you ever at home? How do you have a life?
Old Sep 20, 03, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've made platinum the past four years and it has taken 113 - 119 segments. I live one segment from a hub (DTW), a factor. I have never made it domestically however, usually 2-3 trips to Europe off season when prices are lower. This year threw in SIN.
Old Sep 20, 03, 7:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Well, I have 80K EQM so far this year, all domestic. That's 15 roundtrips with 47 segments.

Last year I did make a trip to Europe, but I had 75K Flight Miles on just my domestic flights.
Old Sep 20, 03, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FWIW, I currently have 114,000 qualifying miles, and I don't know how many segments offhand (maybe 85 or 90) with just one international trip. And I haven't gotten to fly in 6 weeks.

I've got about 50-60k left for the year, although I'm hoping either the CO silliness goes away, or NW confirms their plans, so I can go ahead and book the travel.

Steve

Search this Thread