Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION: Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION: Northwest Relaunches new nwa.com Booking Engine [11/30/2007]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
That could be an actual lack of availability. Final leg is on a Saab 340 between LAX & SBP. Best solution is to keep trying every day or two.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
I appreciate learning of your various problems since they are similar to some I've experienced. On the old system, I generally found much better results using specific dates rather than with flexible dates, especially concerning partner airlines. With my limited usage with the new engine, it appears somewhat improved using flexible dates. Reading your comments suggests that one should still use specific dates to get the most results. Can anyone elaborate on this? Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:51 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Had to call to book an easy Asia-EU business class perksaver award that showed availability on both legs but the new booking engine choked when I tried to proceed to ticketing. I tried this about 10 times before giving up and calling and even unsuccesfully tried several other available Asia-EU destinations for kicks, so I think this may be pretty major a region-to-region issue. Here are the flights for anyone trying to duplicate... of course the seats are probably now gone since I called up and booked it!

Feb 21 KUL-GVA (via AMS and CDG)
Mar 4 GVA-SIN (via AMS)
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:24 pm

Thumbs down New nwa.com Booking Engine has its own Mind !

I was looking for award ticket from Los Angeles to New York, and did not mind one of the three New York area airports. So, I plugged in LAX-NYC and opted for LOWEST price/mileage. It gave me LAX-EWR for 50,000 miles ( all were the same - NW,CO,DL,MX).....then I tried LAX-EWR, and it came back with 37,500 !.....then I tried LAX-JFK, and it came back with 37,500 !!.....then I tried LAX-LGA, and it came back with 25,000 !!!

I think, there are still BIG BUGS in the system, and can bite someone if one is in hurry or not so creatively thinking
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BDQBDQ
I was looking for award ticket from Los Angeles to New York, and did not mind one of the three New York area airports. So, I plugged in LAX-NYC and opted for LOWEST price/mileage. It gave me LAX-EWR for 50,000 miles ( all were the same - NW,CO,DL,MX).....then I tried LAX-EWR, and it came back with 37,500 !.....then I tried LAX-JFK, and it came back with 37,500 !!.....then I tried LAX-LGA, and it came back with 25,000 !!!

I think, there are still BIG BUGS in the system, and can bite someone if one is in hurry or not so creatively thinking
That happened with the paid fare search on the old search engine as well. Different prices for using EWR/LGA/JFK instead of using NYC.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by Stripe
Sometimes there are Perksaver seats available on a day but if they have restrictions that you don't meet (say a Saturday night stay requirement) you won't see Perksaver availability in the flights listed.
If they would actually explain eligibility requirements, it would make sense. But they don't. So it makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Stripe
What would search by schedule get you that the current search by price/schedule doesn't? Are you assuming that a straight search by schedule would give you different flight combinations?
Yes - the price/schedule "feature" (I hesitate to call it that) only gives you the routings they select - instead of allowing you to select from several alternative routings (which may include a stop). Award travel won't even allow you to select "nonstop" or "multiple stop". Sometimes I want to GET THERE... doesn't matter how... but if it doesn't fly direct... no dice (according to the website).
Old Jan 15, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSP_vibe
If they would actually explain eligibility requirements, it would make sense. But they don't. So it makes no sense.
If you look at the WorldPerks Award Charts page, it clearly states

PerkSaver(SM) Award: Subject to a Saturday-night stay (for domestic flights), capacity controls and airline partner blackout dates. Northwest does not have blackout dates; however, some of our airline partners do.

Then it gives you the link for the partner airlines' blackout dates.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
I was trying to book an award ticket to asia. The flex calendar shows green (coach only Perksaver) availablility, but when I tried to book it only Perkpass showed up. Any idea why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.