FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Great FC Fares to HNL via DTW (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/76132-great-fc-fares-hnl-via-dtw.html)

Seth Jun 28, 2003 7:17 pm

Great FC Fares to HNL via DTW

Just an FYI, there are some great FC fares to HNL still available via DTW for this winter. I just snagged one the other day for $1084. Given the fair code is in "F" it should yield the 50% milage bonus and any elite bonus you quality for.
I find NW FC service to HNL to be fine. Food and wine service is domestic first, but there are WBC seats and movie selections.

------------------
I am not real smart, but I can lift heavy things.
It is not the car you drive that is important, it is the size of the arm hanging out the window!

thecortex Jun 29, 2003 6:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Seth:
Just an FYI, there are some great FC fares to HNL still available via DTW for this winter. I just snagged one the other day for $1084. Given the fair code is in "F" it should yield the 50% milage bonus and any elite bonus you quality for.
I find NW FC service to HNL to be fine. Food and wine service is domestic first, but there are WBC seats and movie selections.

</font>
Unfortunately no WBC movie selections on the way to HNL anymore. Just a main cabin selection (though you can watch it on your PTV).

drjazz Jul 1, 2003 10:22 pm

What days are you travelling?

Seth Jul 1, 2003 10:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thecortex:
Unfortunately no WBC movie selections on the way to HNL anymore. Just a main cabin selection (though you can watch it on your PTV).</font>

When did the change occur? They were still playing the full movie service in February. I was under the impression the "main cabin only" selection was from the west coast only.

------------------
The toes you step on while on your way up are attached to the same butts you will have to kiss on your way back down.

It is not the car you drive that is important, it is the size of the arm hanging out the window!

upwardadjust Jul 2, 2003 12:39 am

WBC programming is not supposed to be played on HNL flights. Some pursers still load it, but the company is cracking down on this. They say that it is a domestic FC service, with just the standard movie that is played in MC.

thecortex Jul 2, 2003 7:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by upwardadjust:
WBC programming is not supposed to be played on HNL flights. Some pursers still load it, but the company is cracking down on this. They say that it is a domestic FC service, with just the standard movie that is played in MC.</font>
This is reflected in the in-flight magazine as well with the FC and main cabin selections being the same.

Seth Jul 2, 2003 11:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by upwardadjust:
WBC programming is not supposed to be played on HNL flights. Some pursers still load it, but the company is cracking down on this. They say that it is a domestic FC service, with just the standard movie that is played in MC.</font>
This is really too bad. On an 8hr+ flight, it is nice to have something decent to watch. It sounds like a "nickel and dime them to death" attitude. Too bad my two HNL FC tickets were non-refundable or I would cash them in and fly CO. Oh well, live and learn.

------------------
The toes you step on while on your way up are attached to the same butts you will have to kiss on your way back down.

DTownBrian Jul 2, 2003 1:14 pm

Here's my thought...

NWA has already paid the licensing fees for the movies and TV shows, why does it matter if they the WBC media or the Domestic Media is played on Hawaii flights? It's not like they have another product (on the same route) where that material is played.

NW Media Manager Thought Process: We have 42 movies that we could use on this flight. The plane is equipped to show a variety of them. It won't cost anything more to do it. But Oh! That's right. This only a domestic FC flight. Only one movie can be played. We shouldn't give our customers any more than they're expecting.

(BEGIN RANT) Hey NW ... How about EXCEEDING customer expectations for once! (END RANT)

[This message has been edited by DTownBrian (edited 07-02-2003).]

socrates Jul 2, 2003 2:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DTownBrian:
Here's my thought...

NWA has already paid the licensing fees for the movies and TV shows, why does it matter if they the WBC media or the Domestic Media is played on Hawaii flights? It's not like they have another product (on the same route) where that material is played.

NW Media Manager Thought Process: We have 42 movies that we could use on this flight. The plane is equipped to show a variety of them. It won't cost anything more to do it. But Oh! That's right. This only a domestic FC flight. Only one movie can be played. We shouldn't give our customers any more than they're expecting.

(BEGIN RANT) Hey NW ... How about EXCEEDING customer expectations for once! (END RANT)

[This message has been edited by DTownBrian (edited 07-02-2003).]
</font>
I'm willing to bet their license fee's are actually only paid on international flights for the additional video choices...or perhaps they have a way of recording how often an actual movie is viewed...either way I doubt they are allowed to show the videos anytime they desire by the studios that released them

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 07-02-2003).]

sobay_terp Jul 2, 2003 10:03 pm

Maybe NW should do like CO and show 'em if you got 'em. CO's movies are often second run or worse so the licensing may be minimal but it's better than staring at the ceiling.

[This message has been edited by sobay_terp (edited 07-02-2003).]

ToddETurner Aug 1, 2003 3:03 pm

On these Hawaii First Class Flights ($1156 or so on my last check), do you get the full 50% Class of Service Elite Bonus ? I already bought a Delta ticket with the F specials they had in June, but it looks like for only having Silver status, NW is the way to go.

I'm looking to make Silver quickly, and this looks like a good option. I haven't calculated the miles, but probably 10K round trip from here (OH), so two runs ought to do it.