Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award travel on Malaysian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2003, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Award travel on Malaysian Airlines

After receiving 45,000 Mile-a-Palooza miles, I decided to splurge with some of it. I was able to snag two business class tickets to Kuala Lumpur in August using 180,000 miles. Had to wait patiently for 3 hours at the Roseville, MN NWA city office to have the agent find availability. She went thru all the dates between Jul 21st until finding availability on August 9th. It seems they have quite a bit of difficulty accessing MH computers, but the travel agents were some of the best I have ever seen. I recommend people living near NW city offices and who are not too Internet savvy to use the facility.

How is the MH business product? Mrs samaruf and I are seated in 7A/7C in the upper deck.

Old Jul 18, 2003, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by samaruf:
How is the MH business product? Mrs samaruf and I are seated in 7A/7C in the upper deck.
</font>
MH Golden Class (C) is very good, better than NW WBC (in terms of food, service, and entertainment). MH satay is very good. Golden Class Lounge at KUL is very nice and has a shower facility (the MH lounge at LAX is horrible).

Seat pitch, however, is only 50", so check-in with MH early and request the exit row on the second deck (preferably the A,C side since there is jump seat row for FAs on the J,K side).
Old Jul 18, 2003, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JustinMSP:
MH Golden Class (C) is very good, better than NW WBC (in terms of food, service, and entertainment).</font>
JustinMSP, thanks for the response. I have flown NW WBC from HNL to LAX and didn't think too much of it. May be because they fly old DC 10's without much in way of IFE.

I am a freight train type snorer but have given considerable relief to Mrs samaruf by using a CPAP device. Do they have outlets for plugging in something like that? It would be terrible to deprive fellow passengers of their sleep on a 13 hr long flight
Old Jul 16, 2004, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
If I want to use worldperks to go MIA-SYD via KL how many pts in first? and can I stopover on the way back.
also do I get NW to LAX.
and can I open jaw?
Old Jul 16, 2004, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by samaruf
... Had to wait patiently for 3 hours at the Roseville, MN NWA city office to have the agent find availability. ... It seems they have quite a bit of difficulty accessing MH computers, but the travel agents were some of the best I have ever seen. I recommend people living near NW city offices and who are not too Internet savvy to use the facility.
I doubt it is the same agents, but I really liked working with the agents at the Roseville office back when I lived in St. Paul (and I moved away in 1991). Those folks could work wonders, including getting me on the upper deck of a 747 on the inaugural LAX-SYD flight in summer of 91. Only for the LAX-HNL segment because there was no published fare, but it made part of the flight a lot nicer. She had also booked me up there on the return as well, but the handling agent in SYD took it away from me "You haven't paid for that seat!"
tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.