Wiki Posts
Search

worldclub question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2003, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
worldclub question

Hey guys, i am off on a trip to singapore this weekend with my family .. can anyone tell me whether my worldclub membership will allow me (and my 2 companions) access to the following lounges (or any other similar lounges in the same cities)?

I am flying on a Singapore Airlines (discount online fare)

On the worldclub site, I saw the following clubs:

Frankfurt - Skyclub Lounge
Singapore - CIAS First and Business Class Lounge

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just returned from Singapore last night and used the CIAS lounge with my Worldclub membership. I didn't have anyone with me so don't know how many companions you can bring.
It opens at 3am by the way!
Old Jul 8, 2003, 9:30 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Why not call NW WorldClubs directly?

I've never taken companions into affiliated lounges.

- Pat
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:18 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
No direct experience with the lounges you cite, but I have taken two companions into affiliated lounges in Bangkok, Narita, Paris and AMS. I would presume the system is consistent.
Old Jul 9, 2003, 12:22 am
RKG

I was in the CIAS lounge (in Singapore) this morning. I was able to bring in two guests without even showing my card. I was given an invitation for myself and 1 other when I checked in at NW. I guess I received this because I am Platinum. I was on a coach ticket. The "host" just said to come in without looking at the invitation.

I was disappointed in the lounge overall - instant coffee, some pastries and tuna fish sandwiches. I went downstairs and bought a real coffee and a pastry.

-RKG
Old Jul 9, 2003, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thank you all for your responses! I am platinum too .. so i guess if my worldclub membership doesnt work, my platinum should help.

why didnt i call worldclubs directly, cuz they were closed by the time i had this question , but i did email them .. and am awaiting a response, though i have a pretty good idea what the answer will be

Old Jul 9, 2003, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
The CIAS lounge is nothing to get excited about other than it is away from the main waiting area. You will still have to go down stairs and get in line to get through the gate secirity check etc.

Early this year I had a couple of hour layover in SIN after a flight from Oz and connection to NRT. I rented one of the shower/changing rooms to freshen up and wait for the CIAS lounge to open up. Ended up leaving the lounge (it got rather loud) and walking around and got in the seucirty line early and thus early boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.