Awards and Stopover

Old Oct 6, 2002, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Awards and Stopover

Did a search and can't seem to put my hands on this information.

On American you can fly to the West Coast or Hawaii and make one stopover with award ticket. Can this be done on NW?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old Oct 6, 2002, 8:54 am

[This message has been edited by UpgradeMe (edited 10-06-2002).]
Old Oct 6, 2002, 8:57 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/003813.html
http://www.nwa.com/freqfly/travel/openjaw.shtml
Old Jun 23, 2003, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Sorry to bring this topic up yet again. The NWA web-site states that "One free en route stopover is permitted on a Northwest, KLM or Continental flight from North America to Asia, Europe or Hawaii. Stopovers are permitted only in a Northwest, KLM or Continental hub, or at an international gateway city that is indicated on your flight itinerary."

This raises a few questions:
1) I seem to remember reading that stopovers are permitted on MH awards to Australia?
2) What is an "international gateway city"? Is this any international city where your flight makes an enroute stop or where a connection would be made along any reasonable route? As such, would stopovers in Guam or Honolulu or London be permitted on Asia - USA awards? You could route CO through Guam, CO/NW through HNL or MH connecting to CO/NW in London.

Thanks for any and all responses!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.