Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WorldPerks VISA Marketplace

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2003, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

WorldPerks VISA Marketplace

I did a search and did not find this mentioned, so forgive me if it's a duplicate post. The NWA.COM website says this is a new promotion. Register your WorldPerks number and you can receive an additional mile per dollar spent on *all* purchases through the WorldPerks mall.

This is on top of the regular mileage, and it also specifies that there will be occasional promotions on top of that.

http://www.nwa.com/promo/wpvdiscount/
Old Apr 14, 2003, 6:38 am

interesting info from this site:
"earn 500 Bonus Miles each month you dine at 3 or more Dining for Miles restaurants"

is this new?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 7:00 am

There are almost too many promotions...I guess that is what is driving the program...Anyway, I signed up!!
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:34 am

to be precise, that bonus promotion is for holders of the WorldPerks visa card.

I still don't think the WP Visa card is worth the annual fee ($55 to $100?).

Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:31 am
CMW

FWIW, I have the fee free WP VISA-- 1 mile for every 2$ spent-- and it let me register for the WP marketplace. I don't use this card often but might in certain circumstances like this promotion.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:07 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andy100:
interesting info from this site:
"earn 500 Bonus Miles each month you dine at 3 or more Dining for Miles restaurants"

is this new?
</font>
Or is this applicable just to new WP Dining members?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 1:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJMeatBall:
</font>
One promotion in 2001 makes the WP Visa worth it.

All tickets and gift certs purchased with the card during the promo period generated up to 15 miles/dollar. Many people walked away with the maximum bonus - 75K miles - just for buying tickets they would have bought anyway.

Aside from the promo, if the Gold Visa fee is $90 and you value a mile at 2 cents, then you only have to charge $4,500/year ($90/.02) to break even. Obviously, many people charge that much in just one month.

Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Family flyer:
[b]
Originally posted by DJMeatBall:

All tickets and gift certs purchased with the card during the promo period generated up to 15 miles/dollar. Many people walked away with the maximum bonus - 75K miles - just for buying tickets they would have bought anyway.

Aside from the promo, if the Gold Visa fee is $90 and you value a mile at 2 cents, then you only have to charge $4,500/year ($90/.02) to break even. Obviously, many people charge that much in just one month.

</font>
Don't forget Signature is also $90 and no limit...so I use it for most of my business charges (even though it's not allowed :-)

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 04-14-2003).]
Old Apr 14, 2003, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, DJ. I thought the topic would make it clear that it had to do with WorldPerks Visa. FWIW, I think the card is definitely worth it. I earn a free ticket per yer, at least, on purchases I'd make anyway. I rarely ever revolve a balance either so I am not paying exorbitant fees.

This deal was just perfect for me. I was about to spend $1,500 at JANR.com on some electronics, so I just earned a 1,500 miles bonus. Thought I would share. I will also be buying a lot of giftcerticates.

Here's a tip, since I stay at Marriott properties a lot, I always buy hundreds of dollars in gift certificates and get the 3 miles per dollar (now 4 with this promotion) and pay for my rooms with the certificates.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Family flyer:
Originally posted by DJMeatBall:

</font>
Actually the promotions of last year made it worth it for me. I signed up last May for the 5k on signup, 5k if you spend $500 on NW within a few months, and 15k after the 15th month with the card. It also provided me an important activity for "Fly Free Faster" that gained me 10k miles. Essentially for the $90 fee I already got 20k bonus miles not counting the charges at 1/$. I will have to pay the fee once again but will get a 15k bonus in the second year.

[This message has been edited by quinella66 (edited 04-15-2003).]
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:17 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TravelMann:
Here's a tip, since I stay at Marriott properties a lot, I always buy hundreds of dollars in gift certificates and get the 3 miles per dollar (now 4 with this promotion) and pay for my rooms with the certificates.</font>
Thanks for the tip!

--Jano
Old Jun 10, 2003, 9:24 am
CMW

I bought $50 of GC at giftcertificates.com. It was after I registered for the WP mall so I got 200 points instead of 150. Do I have to go to the VISA marketplace link to get the 4 points/$ or is having registered my WP # for this promo enough? FWIW, I didn't use my WP VISA to make this purchase.

Also I got a double holiday bonus. Was that promo run again and I just didn't know about it? Posted like this.

06May2003 WorldPerks Bonus Miles GiftCertificates.com +200
06May2003 WorldPerks Mall Holiday Double Miles Bonus +200
Old Jun 10, 2003, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks CMW,

It's good to know that the bonus posted without the NW Visa card. I got a similar "holiday" bonus that I think was an error. Haven't called in to report it, yet.

To answer your question, I've received the extra MarketPlace bonus just by accessing the WorldPerks Mall from the regular link in my favorites that I have always used even pre-bonus. I think registering does the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.