Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Not getting proper Mile-A-Palooza points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2003, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

I recently did two round trips in one day on a B-class fare to get me closer to the 2000 point threshold. My first round trip of the day was Detroit to Flint. After completing the Detroit to Flint roundtrip, I started my second roundtrip of Detroit to Toledo. Each of the trips had separate reservation numbers and purchases. NWA is telling me that is only one round trip.

Then a second issue is I purchased a one way ticket from Toledo to Detroit on a B-class fare. Then I purchased a roundtrip ticket from Detroit to Flint ona B-class. Mt Mile-A-Palooza points is showing up as Toledo to Flint roundtrip only. The return from Flint to Detroit is not showing up at all. Instead of getting 300 points, they are only giving me 100 points.

I'm really getting ripped off on the points I earned based on the terms and conditions of the Mile-A-Palooza promotion.
Old May 28, 2003, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sssong:
I recently did two round trips in one day on a B-class fare to get me closer to the 2000 point threshold. My first round trip of the day was Detroit to Flint. After completing the Detroit to Flint roundtrip, I started my second roundtrip of Detroit to Toledo. Each of the trips had separate reservation numbers and purchases. NWA is telling me that is only one round trip.

Then a second issue is I purchased a one way ticket from Toledo to Detroit on a B-class fare. Then I purchased a roundtrip ticket from Detroit to Flint ona B-class. Mt Mile-A-Palooza points is showing up as Toledo to Flint roundtrip only. The return from Flint to Detroit is not showing up at all. Instead of getting 300 points, they are only giving me 100 points.
</font>
I encountered a similar problem when I had return leg ATL-MEM in paid F and then MEM - LAX in V on a separate itinerary. If you email them and explain the situation they'll fix it for you (actually by changing the date of travel for one flight in your record, so that their computer doesn't assume that the segments were on the same itinerary.

I called them and waited a week with no luck--I emailed them using their talk to us option and they fixed it a day later.

Old May 28, 2003, 10:52 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Demand that you get the 300 points since they were on separate PNRs.

The computer automatically thinks that flights within 4 hours means that you're flying on the same trip.

Don't forget too that you should get 300 points according to the terms and conditions.

- Pat
Old May 29, 2003, 10:20 am

Yeah, take a deep breath, you won't get "ripped off." Hopefully you saved receipts but even that's not mandatory. I made 3 RT's last Sunday FNT-DTW. Only one showed up. I spoke with WP and they entered the ticket numbers manually. This also happened to me last December for Mileage Mania. The computer apparently gets confused with multiple flights on the same day. You can also do it via e-mail - I've had satisfactory results both ways. Don't forget the on-line res and on-line check-in points if you used them.
Old May 29, 2003, 10:43 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I also booked the famed NYC-VCE flights online and havent seen points yet for that purchase. Do they post after I fly? The promotion will be long over by then....

[This message has been edited by kdinino (edited 05-29-2003).]
Old May 29, 2003, 11:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I also booked the famed NYC-VCE flights online and havent seen points yet for that purchase. Do they post after I fly? The promotion will be long over by then....</font>
From the T & C
"Flight reservations booked and purchased at nwa.com for paid or award travel reservations qualify for points for making reservations at nwa.com. Flight reservations must be booked and flown between January 31 and May 31, 2003 to qualify for points from making flight reservations at nwa.com........"
Old May 29, 2003, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Thanks. I oversaw the "flown" part. Guess I'm SOL. FFF3 is my only hope now...
Old May 29, 2003, 4:57 pm

Programs: WorldPerks Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
I did the same thing in March and still have not gotten the correct points. I booked MSP-MDW-MSP and MDW-DTW-MDW and only got points for MSP-DTW-MSP. I emailed them, they told me to call WorldPerks customer service, which I have now done 3 times with no response and no points. I ended up not traveling as much as planned (only two trips) but it means 180 vs 210 points so 1500 miles. They also didn't post the 10 points for buy online and fly MSP-MDW. I'm guessing that was because my original flight was canceled and I was rebooked by an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.