FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Need flight attendant scripts (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/75350-need-flight-attendant-scripts.html)

GRR_FlyGuy Apr 25, 2003 9:47 pm

Need flight attendant scripts

Does any one have a copy of the pre-flight (cell phones can be used til doors closed), safety (oxygen masks blah blah), in-flight (todays flight consists of many features including a magazine and no beverages), and landing scripts (keep your seatbelts on til the capt has turns off....) that the flight attendants say in the plane. We are working on a little skit and I would like to have actual ones as a guide. If you can post here that would be great!!

Thanks. :-)

timf Apr 25, 2003 11:37 pm

I'm sure most of the frequent flyers here could recite them without the need for a script. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

thezipper Apr 26, 2003 12:03 am

tighten the mask by pulling on the straps... secure your own mask before assisting others... oxygen will be flowing to the mask although the bag may not inflate.... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

alanw Apr 26, 2003 4:11 am

Did anyone else happen to stay through the end of "View From The Top" and see the whole cast sing the entire safety demo to the tune of "We Are Family"? Hi-larious.

-alan in sitges

Boston Elite Apr 26, 2003 9:00 am

The Captain has indicated that we have begun our initial descent into the greater XXX area, in preparation for landing, please assist your cabin crew by placing your seat backs and tray tables into their upright and locked position...... The flight attendants will be coming through the cabin to collect any trash or additional service items that you may have, please pass them to the center of aisle....

I hear this stuff in my sleep. I got busted a few months ago when I was 're-stowing' my items in the overhead and I was reciting the thing to myself and I turned around and there was one of the FA's just looking at me......

doobierw Apr 26, 2003 10:01 am

and from the front:
"Ladies and gentlemen, we've begun our initial descent into the _____ area. We're currently ___ miles from the airport and should be touching down in ___ minutes. The weather in the ____ area is reported as______, with ____ miles visibility, and winds out of the ___ at ___ miles per hour. At this time we're going to turn on the seatbelt sign and ask that you return to your seats and ensure your seatbelts are fastened until we are parked safely at the gate. It's been our pleasure to have you with us on Northwest today and we hope to have you back with us soon. Flight attendants please prepare the cabin for landing."

Radiocycle Apr 26, 2003 8:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GRR_FlyGuy:
Does any one have a copy of the pre-flight (cell phones can be used til doors closed), safety (oxygen masks blah blah), in-flight (todays flight consists of many features including a magazine and no beverages), and landing scripts (keep your seatbelts on til the capt has turns off....) that the flight attendants say in the plane. We are working on a little skit and I would like to have actual ones as a guide. If you can post here that would be great!!

Thanks. :-)
</font>
Are you doing the "little skit" for Mother's Day?

RC

GRR_FlyGuy Apr 26, 2003 8:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Radiocycle:
Are you doing the "little skit" for Mother's Day?

RC
</font>
HOLY CRAP! How did you know that??

Does anyone know the pre-flight one?

[This message has been edited by GRR_FlyGuy (edited 04-26-2003).]

fromYYZ_flyer Apr 27, 2003 5:17 pm

Good (morning/afternoon/night) passengers, please ensure that your seatbelts are fastened and your electronics are off until crusing altitude. In case of loss of cabin pressure masks will drop down for the OverHead comparment, put the mask on immedietly before assisting others. In case of problem the exit doors are located ------ and ------. Thank you for choosing ------ and have a good flight.

asnovici Apr 27, 2003 6:49 pm

From Aeroflot flight SVO-LHR

(everything pronounced with a very heavy Russian accent with british undertones. linguistic oddities are all real)

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome aboard Aeroflot Russian Airlines Airbus ThreeOneZero with service to London Heathrow Airport. The captain has estimated our flying time to be 3 hours and 42 minutes since we lift off. We will be serving hot dinner and beverages in the cabin after take off. We will offer DutyFree items after that.
Remember: Aeroflot flights are non-smoking! Do not smoke in the toilets as you will be punished and given to the local police as we arrive to London.
You will be shown a brief video clip showing the safety and evacuation information about our aircraft." &lt;4 minutes later&gt; "Our video system is not working in economy cabin right now, we now will demonstrate the safety proceedings." &lt;2 minutes later all flight attendands standing in the aisles and domonstrating how to fasten seatbelts without any vocal commentaries over the PA system&gt; &lt;then PA system goes on&gt; "Fasten your seat belts now!!!! In the event of pressure loss oxygen masks will automatically appear from the ceiling! &lt;visualize this for a second&gt; Please seat down now so we can pull off from the terminal! Thank you for flying Aeroflot Russian Airlines. Thanks you."

By the way:
In Russian version of the announcement it sounds much more pleasant and calm.
Video system in economy started working after we took off. The seat belt sign was turned off about 20 seconds after we were airborn (almost immediately after take off). This was an idication for about half of the Russian pax to pull the liquior/vodka bottles from the seat pockets in front of them and start having their mid-morning liquid snack (11:40am)...the day has begun...

[This message has been edited by asnovici (edited 04-27-2003).]

fromYYZ_flyer Apr 27, 2003 8:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by asnovici:
From Aeroflot flight SVO-LHR

(everything pronounced with a very heavy Russian accent with british undertones. linguistic oddities are all real)

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome aboard Aeroflot Russian Airlines Airbus ThreeOneZero with service to London Heathrow Airport. The captain has estimated our flying time to be 3 hours and 42 minutes since we lift off. We will be serving hot dinner and beverages in the cabin after take off. We will offer DutyFree items after that.
Remember: Aeroflot flights are non-smoking! Do not smoke in the toilets as you will be punished and given to the local police as we arrive to London.
You will be shown a brief video clip showing the safety and evacuation information about our aircraft." &lt;4 minutes later&gt; "Our video system is not working in economy cabin right now, we now will demonstrate the safety proceedings." &lt;2 minutes later all flight attendands standing in the aisles and domonstrating how to fasten seatbelts without any vocal commentaries over the PA system&gt; &lt;then PA system goes on&gt; "Fasten your seat belts now!!!! In the event of pressure loss oxygen masks will automatically appear from the ceiling! &lt;visualize this for a second&gt; Please seat down now so we can pull off from the terminal! Thank you for flying Aeroflot Russian Airlines. Thanks you."

By the way:
In Russian version of the announcement it sounds much more pleasant and calm.
Video system in economy started working after we took off. The seat belt sign was turned off about 20 seconds after we were airborn (almost immediately after take off). This was an idication for about half of the Russian pax to pull the liquior/vodka bottles from the seat pockets in front of them and start having their mid-morning liquid snack (11:40am)...the day has begun...

[This message has been edited by asnovici (edited 04-27-2003).]
</font>
I can understand that on Aeroflot. When I flew on Finnair the FAs were like that. "Please put the seatbelts on, we will be flying up soon". Half the pax were giggling. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by fromYYZ_flyer (edited 04-27-2003).]

IndyDavid Apr 27, 2003 9:40 pm

Here's as much as I can remember...
--
Thank you for your attention while important safety information is reviewed.

Federal law requires your compliance with all lighted signs, posted placards, and crew-member instructions.

To fasten your seatbelt, place the flat metal end into the buckle. To release, lift the faceplate of the buckle. Tighten by pulling on the strap. Your seatbelt should be fastened low and tight across your hips.

All Northwest Airlines flights are non-smoking. There is no smoking in the aircraft, including the lavatories. The lavatories are equipped with smoke detectors. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying a lavatory smoke detector is prohibited.

There are six exits on this aircraft... two doors at the front of the cabin, two window exits over the wings, and two doors at the rear of the aircraft. Again, there are two doors at the front of the cabin, two window exits over the wings, and two doors at the rear of the aircraft. Please take a moment now to locate the exit nearest you, keeping in mind that the closest useable exit may be behind you.

The cabin is pressurized for your comfort and safety. In the unlikely event of a cabin depressurization, oxygen masks will appear overhead. Reach up and pull the mask closest to you, fully extending the plastic tubing. Place the mask over your nose and mouth, and slip the elastic strap over your head. Tighten by pulling on the ends. The bag does not need to inflate for oxygen to be flowing. If you are seated next to a small child or someone needing assistance, secure your own mask first, then assist the child.

Your seat-bottom cushion serves as a flotation device. To use it, place your arms through the straps and hug the cushion to your chest.

[This message has been edited by IndyDavid (edited 04-27-2003).]

Alpha Golf Apr 28, 2003 1:38 pm

Don't forget "a copy of World Traveller magazine is in your seat pocket. Please feel free to take it with you."

The yseem to have dropped "Our service today has several features." Too embarrassed, I hope.

keithguy Apr 28, 2003 1:48 pm

Don't forget the "WorldPerks members will earn ___ miles" - and most of the time for short flights, they'll say the actual distance instead of the minimum of 500.

DCAGOLD Apr 28, 2003 1:50 pm

My favorite -

All emergency exits are equipped with escape slides. All slides may be detached and used as life rafts except those over the wings. (A-320/319 version)

In the event of a water landing, your seat bottom cushion may be used as a flotation device. Take the cushion with you to the closest useable exit. Upon exiting the aircraft, place both arms through the straps on the underside of the cushion and hug the cushion close to your chest.

WATER LANDING - there is no such thing - that means you just crashed. The "closest useable exit" is the hole in the plane next to you.

Oxygen -

In the event of a change of cabin pressure, panels above your head will open revealing oxygen masks. Remain seated with your seatbelts fastened. Pull a mask down towards you to active the flow of oxygen. Oxygen will be flowing to the mask even though the bag may not inflate. Cover your nose and mouth with the mask, place the elastic band around your head and continue to breathe normally. Remember to secure your own mask before assisting other.

BREATHE NORMALLY - those masks came down one time on one of my flights - there was no breathing normally!