Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Skymiles will be like Onepass to NW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles will be like Onepass to NW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:58 pm

What is the value? Choice of flights, access to hubs. Before I defected from DL I dreaded accumulating "wasted" miles going to MSP or DTW, or took horrible 3-stop itineraries instead of nonstops.

Out of BOS I can connect to anywhere in the world on NW or DL. Between the 2 one often has a much better fare. I'm Gold on both now but I'd rather earn platinum on one or the other, almost certainly NW now.

-cwk.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CameraGuy:
The benefits are:

That I can redeem SkyMiles on NW/CO flights.

That I can redeem OP/WP Miles on DL Flights.

That if I am forced to fly DL, I can still earn OP/WP Miles.

There are benefits.
</font>
Again, I hear what you're saying, but these are weak, weak benefits indeed, hardly befitting what one would call an "alliance."
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:22 am

Just Passing
I also have moved to NW.Since almost all my travel is domestic,NW fits well for me. If I'm able to get NW points while flying DL (when "forced" to),then my switching makes even more sense.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:22 am
Original Poster

JPT, minor benefits for you, maybe, but major for other FTers. DL in Asia? NW in Asia! Major benefit.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eidetic:
JPT, minor benefits for you, maybe, but major for other FTers. DL in Asia? NW in Asia! Major benefit.</font>
Ah. Now that I can see. DL's route structure to Europe, NW's to Asia. That's a plus.

Lucky you live Hawaii, brah. I used to live in ZIP code 96789 myself.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

JPT, I have offices in HNL and near GSP. I left DL for NW after the ATL/HNL nonstop went to the desert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.