Community
Wiki Posts
Search

POLL: 2003 Elite Luggage Tag

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2003, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

POLL: 2003 Elite Luggage Tag

What do y'all think of the new luggage tags? I personally don't like them as I find them too bulky! It just looks to cheap to attach to my TUMIs. :P

I did like addition of name, however did it really require the large tag?? It just reminds of those dreaded, overbearing, ugly-looking CO priority handling tags. I guess I have this opinion b/c I put the luggage tag on my laptop/briefcase, not my roller bag. I like the discrete look of the old style much better. The size of AA's EPlat/Plat tags would have been ideal.

Old Feb 24, 2003, 4:01 pm

Given that they upgrade me to first class on virutally every domestic flight, they could issue dog tags and I would be happy.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rudystarnberg:
Given that they upgrade me to first class on virutally every domestic flight, they could issue dog tags and I would be happy.</font>
I concur. I won't be putting the ones NW sent on my bag. Now, if they were dog tags, that would be cool...

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
At least it's personalized. The old tags were completely useless.

Old Feb 24, 2003, 8:35 pm

Personally, I don't use the luggage tags - I prefer the agent to put the First Class Priority sticker on my bag instead.

[This message has been edited by IndustrialPatent (edited 02-24-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:26 pm
Suspended

The tags, in my opinion, look to plain with just our names on the bottom. They should put something in the center to spice it up a little.

[This message has been edited by NWgoldelite (edited 02-24-2003).]
Old Feb 24, 2003, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
I miss the NWA brass luggage tags from the 90's.

I would rather see Worldperks send out a metal luggage tag than a plastic tag.

Does anyone else miss the NW Metal tags?

RC
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:11 am

Loose the bag tags ... no need for them. I did see that they downsized the size of the Elite package this year. Good move...most of that package from years past has been pitched anyway.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:46 am

Lowly Silver here.... I just wish I'd been sent one of the ugly or not luggage tags. :-(

Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AndrewC75:
Lowly Silver here.... I just wish I'd been sent one of the ugly or not luggage tags. :-(

</font>
Aren't we getting them this year? COme to think of it, my luggage still has the 2001 tags on them !
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:22 pm

Seems kind of like NW is robbing Peter to pay Paul...

Give the Plats and Golds bigger luggage tags, and nothing to the Silvers...Kind of sucks for someone who actually flew 25,000 miles on their own nickel. i.e. - me.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CHaus21:
Seems kind of like NW is robbing Peter to pay Paul...

Give the Plats and Golds bigger luggage tags, and nothing to the Silvers...Kind of sucks for someone who actually flew 25,000 miles on their own nickel. i.e. - me.
</font>
NW didn't give us the big a$$ tags because bigger is more impressive--they did it to save $. They are the elite card "dummy" with a whole punched in it. NW saved a few bucks doing it that way.

The elite tags are an ego trip anyway. The serve no other purpose, so just ditch 'em; they will in no way help you have a more fulfilling life.

At least we still got a four color envelope this year in this years mailing. Those ain't cheap.
Old Feb 27, 2003, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by parkums:
What do y'all think of the new luggage tags? </font>
ugly, but functional. more likely to get torn off in baggage handling systems than before.
Old Feb 28, 2003, 3:35 am

THEY WERE FREE....RIGHT ??? WHY THE PROBLEMS ????
Old Feb 28, 2003, 4:22 pm

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Originally posted by AndrewC75:
[B]Lowly Silver here.... I just wish I'd been sent one of the ugly or not luggage tags. :-(

If you would like, I'll dig mine out of the trash can and send it to you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.