Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Website bug - Had to book over the phone - TTU for Fee Refund?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Was booking a long Multi-City trip. MSP-HNL/HNL-NRT/NRT-SIN/SIN-MSP ( Which turns into MSP-SEA-HNL/HNL-NRT/NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-LAX-MSP) with upgraded F/WBC the whole way. Ran into an actual website bug that made the reservation error out at the final step. (after CC info and final confirmation. Error 154 for those playing at home).

Called nwa.com support, who had to call their support because it was a bug. Forty minutes later I was told me they did some stuff to make it bookable but I'd have to call the WP International Desk to do it. Was transfered and hung up on. Called back, talked to a really good CSR who got the whole thing done in 10 minutes. Checked out the receipt, and the $20 charge for booking over the phone is there. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but I think NW should eat it considering it was their website bug.

How much luck have people had getting the fees refunded?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 1:02 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by motytrah
Was booking a long Multi-City trip. MSP-HNL/HNL-NRT/NRT-SIN/SIN-MSP ( Which turns into MSP-SEA-HNL/HNL-NRT/NRT-SIN/SIN-NRT-LAX-MSP) with upgraded F/WBC the whole way. Ran into an actual website bug that made the reservation error out at the final step. (after CC info and final confirmation. Error 154 for those playing at home).

Called nwa.com support, who had to call their support because it was a bug. Forty minutes later I was told me they did some stuff to make it bookable but I'd have to call the WP International Desk to do it. Was transfered and hung up on. Called back, talked to a really good CSR who got the whole thing done in 10 minutes. Checked out the receipt, and the $20 charge for booking over the phone is there. Sure, it's not a lot of money, but I think NW should eat it considering it was their website bug.

How much luck have people had getting the fees refunded?
I had a similar incident where I was trying to use a PK161, and after hitting "select" the price just mysteriously jumped $80. Ended up calling nwa support, and they booked it over the phone, but did not charge the phone fee. I would put in a TTU about it, they seem to be pretty good in that regard.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
$20 is their fee for a phone booking, it's only fair.

Similarly, you spent nearly an hour with them helping them fix their website. I think a consulting invoice is in order. I'm assuming your rate is > $20.

Old Oct 14, 2007, 2:41 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ifette
Ended up calling nwa support, and they booked it over the phone, but did not charge the phone fee. I would put in a TTU about it, they seem to be pretty good in that regard.
Assuming that 'PT' is 'Platinum', Platinum Elites don't have to pay a 'phone surcharge'. It's one of the 'Perks' of WorldPerks 'PE' status!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:53 am

I would have asked to have the fee waived while I was on the phone. It'll be much harder to get it refunded after the fact.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by davetravels
Assuming that 'PT' is 'Platinum', Platinum Elites don't have to pay a 'phone surcharge'. It's one of the 'Perks' of WorldPerks 'PE' status!
I was only gold when this happened
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Follow-Up: TTU punted the problem to the 800 number. However, I needed to call anyway because there was a typo in my wifes name (which TTU also said they couldn't handle. Irritating as email seems like the best way to correct spelling.) Quickly explained the situation CSR. Whoever was the supervisor on duty seemed to be on the ball and approved the service fee refund super quick. No push back, no hassle. Not bad for a non-elite.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
I recently tried to modify an existing reservation in "My Reservations" and could not due to a website error. I used the call center and paid $15 after trying to get the fee waived. I TTUed and received my $15 back in the form of a check and 6,000 miles. It should also be noted that I waited 30 minutes with no answer on the NWA Web support line for help before finally hanging up.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
I recently tried to modify an existing reservation in "My Reservations" and could not due to a website error. I used the call center and paid $15 after trying to get the fee waived. I TTUed and received my $15 back in the form of a check and 6,000 miles. It should also be noted that I waited 30 minutes with no answer on the NWA Web support line for help before finally hanging up.
Do you remember what TTU queue you used? I have a therory that different queues go to different departments. Some are more likely/able to fix problems and offer up refunds/miles/etc.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by motytrah
Do you remember what TTU queue you used? I have a therory that different queues go to different departments. Some are more likely/able to fix problems and offer up refunds/miles/etc.
I did "nwa.com Technical Assistance" and then I received an email saying that it had been forwarded to Customer Care.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:43 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
I did "nwa.com Technical Assistance" and then I received an email saying that it had been forwarded to Customer Care.
Maybe we should start a chart of TTU success with what subject selection = what result.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Update again. Apparently I spoke too soon. It's a few days later. The name was changed, but now the E-Ticket says "None". No new receipt as the CSR stated would happen. No $20. TTU'd to inqire on if I should be concerned about the "None" under my wife's E-Ticket and about the fee refund.

TTU punted to phones with a non-answer. I could see being a little dicey on the refund, but it would be nice to know if there's a ticket issue that has to be resolved.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:10 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I recently had to book with all the nwa.com problems. I thought it was going to be waived, but when I saw the receipt it had the $10 added. I called the elite line and explained what happened, it was immediately refunded and showed up on my credit card statement the next day. Just give them a call.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I'm actually more concerned about the E-Ticket status for my wife being listed as "None" than the refund itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.