Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ-200's to get FC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CRJ-200's to get FC?

There's a rumor on airliners.net that NW will be putting a FC section on the CRJ-200's. Seems kinda wild, but might make 'em more bearable.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by LBJ
There's a rumor on airliners.net that NW will be putting a FC section on the CRJ-200's. Seems kinda wild, but might make 'em more bearable.
Right, and there will be a free bar on the upper deck, too.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:16 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Right, and there will be a free bar on the upper deck, too.
Don't shoot it down. The person who posted it on a.net has in the past been spot on and I have heard the same from others.

Time will tell.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by LBJ
I can only hope. With ICT being all CRJ's, I have been considering switching over to United as my first choice of airlines. Right now, I view both options about equal, but stick with NWA because of ORD. If they were to put FC on my CRJ, it wouldn't even be close. No way would I ever switch.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a bridge to sell at an enhanced 50% discount for those who believe this and/or and other fairy tales.

MisterNice
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:17 am

I doubt it. You know how many CRJ-200s are out there? And it really isn't necessary. It's not like NW pushes their CRJ-200s as much as CO does their EMB-135/145s.

Who else has FC in their CRJ-200s?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Who else has FC in their CRJ-200s?
To my knowledge, no one.

On a per passenger basis, the CRJ-200 is not an extremely efficient aircraft to operate. Unless NW can sell any added premium seats for a premium price (rather than giving away upgrades), reducing the number of seats available for sale is a questionable financial decision, which makes this rumor dubious.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:09 am
azj

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. I don't know for a fact, but I have heard through the reliable source grapevine that this indeed is on the way. And it makes brilliant sense. Many full -200 flights have weight and balance issues. They also have landing weight limitations or zero fuel weight limitations. By removing some seat and putting a premium cabin into the airplane, the weight and balance issues are reduced. Then in turn, it brings value back to the customer and gives NWA a competitive leg up on the competition.

AZJ
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It still sounds goofy. They would have to add an extra FA I believe and I dont know many people who would pay FC fare to fly in a JuniorJet(tm) withh nil food and cramped space. Weight and balance issues can probably be corrected by removing a seat or two and increasing pitch.

MisterNice

corrected to FA per suggestion by azj

Last edited by MisterNice; Oct 5, 2007 at 11:06 am
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:33 am
azj

Would you fly in FC on the CRJ700 or 900? They're just longer versions of what you call "junior jet." What is FT? So you're telling me if you were an elite, you would snub the FC upgrade? How do you know what kind of service will be provided? Goofy or not, it's a good move by NWA if it indeed happens.

AZJ
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MisterNice
It still sounds goofy. They would have to add an extra FT I believe and I dont know many people who would pay FC fare to fly in a JuniorJet(tm) withh nil food and cramped space. Weight and balance issues can probably be corrected by removing a seat or two and increasing pitch.

MisterNice

Hey, if this rumor even would be true, I would fly on a CRJ 2 1/2 hrs. to get to a NW major hub. I am 6'-7" and if they offered FC on these flights, I would easily lose the Silver status and make the run to Platinum.

Meal or no meal, for the drinks and the extra legroom, I am in.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by azj
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. I don't know for a fact, but I have heard through the reliable source grapevine that this indeed is on the way. And it makes brilliant sense. Many full -200 flights have weight and balance issues. They also have landing weight limitations or zero fuel weight limitations. By removing some seat and putting a premium cabin into the airplane, the weight and balance issues are reduced. Then in turn, it brings value back to the customer and gives NWA a competitive leg up on the competition.

AZJ
There are weight and balance issues because airlines often operate the aircraft on inappropriate stage lengths.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be true! Like other's have noted about their airports, we here at CVG have become a 9E fortress. Requests for at least one Compass flight to MSP fall on deaf ears. Going to DTW isn't so bad but with the reduced schedule sometimes going directly to MSP is the best option. I've never taken that option because of the CRJ's.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:52 am
azj

What are inappropriate stage lengths? W&B issues occur on long and short flights. Limitation issues occur on long and short flights. Weight restriction issues occur on long and short flights. Your point? There are so many variables with dispatching a flight one cannot pidgeon hole flight by making a blanket statement such as the one you made. Irregardless of stage length, putting FC into the -200s can solve a whole lot of problems while adding value to the product and giving NWA a competitive leg up with these RJs everyone hates. This is a win win for the customer. You guys should be thrilled if this actually happens.

AZJ
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
Even if they added 1 or 2 rows with three seats, could feasibly only lose 5-6 seats (right?) and maybe the rest of the plane would be more bearable too. It could be a competitive advantage, at least in some markets, so maybe it won't be the whole fleet, but only some.

Maybe they could even be nice brown leather with a footrest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.