Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The dancecard: -30, -40, A330

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2002, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

The dancecard: -30, -40, A330

A digest of opinions and rumors collected on my recent intl flights from HNL and KIX. The -40s are to continue serving the LAX/HNL market until January, as needed. The -30s are going through C-checks so that they can be scheduled on CONUS segments immediately as A330 deliveries occur and A330s take over the Trans-Atl segments. We should know by summer whether MSP/HNL will get an A330. Cockpit and cabin crew are all for it. This means DTW might get an A330 for the seasonal DTW/HNL nonstop when MSP switches to 742s.

Sidenote: what an interesting contrast in how R.Anderson pumps up long haul n/s lift to HNL during winter season, and as of 2001, L.Mullen at DL totally eliminated the ATL/HNL nonstop.

[This message has been edited by Eidetic (edited 11-24-2002).]
Old Nov 24, 2002, 4:09 pm

Well, I'm not sure if NW's planning on insuring their A330-300s for transpacific travel. If we knew that, we'd know if it was even possible to fly mainland - Hawaii!

The remaining -40 will be retired by January, but the -30s will be reconfigured into domestic First Class (in late summer, when the A330s are delivered).

Since the A330s will have new interiors, new WBC, PTVs at every seat, etc. I'd expect them to replace every DC-10 flight across the Atlantic before Hawaii is even considered for A333 service. That'll be several years from now.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 4:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eidetic:
Sidenote: what an interesting contrast in how R.Anderson pumps up long haul n/s lift to HNL during winter season, and as of 2001, L.Mullen at DL totally eliminated the ATL/HNL nonstop.</font>
It's been posted on the DL fourm that DL would like to offer ATL-HNL n/s service, but the unions are arguing over crew rests seats, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.