Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Has anyone disputed a posting for FFF2 and won?

Old Nov 18, 02, 10:41 am
Original Poster

I made purchases on the worldperks mall at Eddie Bauer, Gift certificates.com and JCPenneys between the 27th and 30th of August. The Eddie Bauer and gift certs posted before the deadline date but all 9 of the JCPenneys did not post until 8/1/2002, no matter what day the purchase was made. I have e-mailed Northwest and all they say is in the rules it says they go by the posting date. I cannot control the posting date, only when I made the purchase. Since these purchases were made over 4 days and they all posted the same day 8/1/2002 it seems like that late posting was on purpose so that people were not eligible for the promotion. Has anyone successfully resolved an issue like this with Northwest.(this was for 3 FF accounts)
Old Nov 18, 02, 11:16 am

From what I remember from the actual wording on the NWA.com website it said the date that counts for the transaction date is the date that your credit card is CHARGED not the posting date they told NWA. I am searching NWA.com right now. There was a link www.nwa.com/flyfreefaster2/ but now it is not valid anymore. I actually just threw away the print out this past Saturday. I'll look to see if I have any other copies.

------------------
Sorry mama i gots to get all the miles i can

Brian
Old Nov 18, 02, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by moltmans:
[B]I made purchases on the worldperks mall at Eddie Bauer, Gift certificates.com and JCPenneys between the 27th and 30th of August. The Eddie Bauer and gift certs posted before the deadline date but all 9 of the JCPenneys did not post until 8/1/2002, ]</font>
I think you meant between the 27th and 30th of JULY.

Did you get a confirmation email from JC Penney? A copy of this email showing your purchase before the deadline may help. After all you had until July 31 to make the purchase.
Old Nov 18, 02, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

I did mean July and I do have the confirmation e-mails but they are going by the date that the purchases were mailed to me which was later than the transaction date. I have a copy of the rules and it says the date is when it is posted by the vender. So it sems that the vender (JCPenneys) batch sent over its purchases for that week on 8/1/2002, I have a good argument but by the rules I am out because of JCPenneys failure to post.
Old Nov 19, 02, 1:02 pm

Did it charge to your credit card on or prior to 7/31/02. If yes I would read the rules over again. I could swear that it says the day it charges the card.

------------------
Sorry mama i gots to get all the miles i can

Brian
Old Nov 19, 02, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Moltmans,
Do you have an email address? I couldn't see one in your information. I would like to send you an email. You may send one to me and I will reply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: