Wiki Posts
Search

Changing flights on a Cybersaver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2002, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Changing flights on a Cybersaver

Hello NWA folk,

I would be very inclined to purchase a cybersaver package this weekend, except for the fact that the flights I want do not get pulled up for the cybersaver. (I want the first flight out on my departure day around 6AM but the cybsersaver won't pull anything before 9AM)

If I buy the package with the 9AM flight, can I call and ask to be moved to an earlier one? Can I stand by at the airport for the earlier one (without penalty)?

Looking at a seat pinpointer for the flight I want, there are about 45 available seats on the Diesel 9.

Suggestions? I don't know NWA rules very well (especially cybersaver rules).

FWIW I am an Alaska MVP Gold.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:27 am

In my experiences, they are very strict with the cybersavers. Calling them for a change would be pointless, the phone agents have absolutely no power to change one of these bookings. They are flagged if they are changed and someone gets in trouble. Showing up early, being nice, and not expecting anything sometimes works. I have been nicely taken care of a couple of times, and also been denied and reamed by old supervisor hags who say that the rules are clear, the flight I was booked is the only one I am getting on, and that I was stupid for trying anything different.
I don't think status helps at all, I think it even makes things worse because then they know you know the rules and are trying to do something 'wrong' and they seem to like winning the battles they can fight. Just be nice and dumb, and be willing to accept whatever flight you get.
Good luck and may you reach your destination safely and early.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:35 am

Monday returns are valid after 11:00 a.m.

I was once refused a standby on a 10:59 a.m. flight.

YMMV.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:30 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
Monday returns are valid after 11:00 a.m.

I was once refused a standby on a 10:59 a.m. flight.

YMMV.
</font>
The return I want is on Monday, but the only two options are before 11. Maybe cause it is Labor day?

But it is the outbound that is the problem, as I want to leave early Saturday morning, and the cybersaver won't let me. boo

Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:36 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
I was once refused a standby on a 10:59 a.m. flight. </font>
wow!
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:49 am

He's talking about CyberSaver packages (Site59). These are not CyberSaver fares.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 10:01 am

your right, I misread it. sorry. Those rules for the packages look even more strict. I wouldn't expect to get on a different flight. good luck.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 6:29 am
Original Poster

I was actually able to pull up the flight I wanted by going through site59's own website. But then the hotel I wanted sold out so I ended up not buying the package. lol

I posted a question in OMNI that perhaps only Michigan residents could answer, if you wouldn't mind taking a look:http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/Forum44/HTML/006251.html
Old Aug 29, 2002, 2:12 pm

That seems to happen all the time... "the flights you want sold out" or "the flights you want have gone up in cost since you made your selection" (really? didn't it tell me that last week) or "we're sorry, one or more components of your package are sold out... please try again!" Give yourself a pat on the back if you can get it all working!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by whlinder:
I was actually able to pull up the flight I wanted by going through site59's own website. But then the hotel I wanted sold out so I ended up not buying the package. lol

I posted a question in OMNI that perhaps only Michigan residents could answer, if you wouldn't mind taking a look:http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/Forum44/HTML/006251.html
</font>
Old Nov 8, 2002, 8:36 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
re: Site59...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dtwaa:
your right, I misread it. sorry. Those rules for the packages look even more strict. I wouldn't expect to get on a different flight. good luck.</font>
I stood by for earlier flights in both directions on a recent Site59 trip on NW. Worked beautifully. One of my best discoveries all year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.