Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

What are my rights for a Cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat

I had a flight tonight EWR-DTW continuing on to LGW. They cancelled the flight due to "ATC or Weather" according to the online flight status.

I called customer service and they said the best they could do is reschedule me for tomorrow and possibly extend my trip by an extra day. Unfortunately, that won't work because of schedule conflicts at work!!

Do I have any reasonable grounds for a complete reschedule (like for 2+ weeks into the future) or a refund or anything??

Thanks,
Shane
Old Nov 7, 2002, 7:43 pm

You might be successful to ask for a refund. You could ask for a complete reschedule and sometimes they are flexible. If they have few seats in your ticketed class (like V, K, L, whatever) then they can sometimes be stubborn.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 7:48 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
This happened to me once (on CO) and I told them their rebooking didn't work for me. They offered to give me the full value of my ticket (it was a cheap fare -- don't remember exactly what fare code) to use within a year on any CO ticket.

I was satisfied with that and took it. I would assume that NW would do the same thing. It's certainly not an unreasonable request.

edited to add

Remember to start out asking politely as opposed to "demanding" anything. IME, you generally get further that way.

[This message has been edited by eastwest (edited 11-07-2002).]
Old Nov 7, 2002, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
1. Go to www.onetravel.com

2. Click "Rules of the Air" at the left side

3. Choose "Northwest" and "Flight Delays – Cancellations – Misconnections"

4. Read.

Hope it helps.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Thanks Everyone! I did visit onetravel.com, but it said "For Domestic U.S. Travel on Northwest" and since I am going to London, UK, it isn't clear to me if Rule 240 applies to international travel.

I'll go ahead and call and ask nicely to see what happens.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 7, 2002, 8:19 pm

Thanks for the great link Jano.

I wish I had known some of the information when I was stuck overnight at MSP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.