FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Elite Upgrade Helpful Tips (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/733826-elite-upgrade-helpful-tips.html)

NW scoop Sep 7, 2007 4:16 pm

Elite Upgrade Helpful Tips

Based largely on some of the comments from many of you, we added a new page to the WorldPerks section of nwa.com that talks about some of the most frequently asked questions related to Elite upgrades - Elite Upgrade Helpful Tips.

This page is a very quick summary of the top 5-6 questions we get from members on a daily basis. Enjoy!

NW scoop

mot29 Sep 7, 2007 4:40 pm

Nicely done, thanks.

ed1 Sep 7, 2007 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by NW scoop (Post 8367821)
Based largely on some of the comments from many of you, we added a new page to the WorldPerks section of nwa.com that talks about some of the most frequently asked questions related to Elite upgrades - Elite Upgrade Helpful Tips.

This page is a very quick summary of the top 5-6 questions we get from members on a daily basis. Enjoy!

NW scoop

Thanks, it's always great to have these answers in writing (officially).

thezipper Sep 7, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks Scoop... it's been stickied

slippahs Sep 7, 2007 5:10 pm

I'm getting a broken link... Anyone else?

Originally Posted by nwa.com
The page you requested is unavailable
or cannot be found.

Edit; okay it's back up again.

avidflyer Sep 7, 2007 6:09 pm

This is great and it answers the question that many here continue to ask: Other than full fare, is fare class a part of the UG priority? It appears that other than full Y or B it is not a factor.

SchmutzigMSP Sep 7, 2007 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 8368229)
This is great and it answers the question that many here continue to ask: Other than full fare, is fare class a part of the UG priority? It appears that other than full Y or B it is not a factor.

Well, until we get official word that the fare class plays no part in the upgrade process, I'm going to assume they simply ran out of cells in the table... ;)

MNAudiS4 Sep 7, 2007 8:33 pm

Fare class, when you book all come into play.

I have seen silvers and golds on 800 dollar tickets to San jose upgraded 4/5 days out while i have to fight for a battlefield on a 425 dollar ticket.

They can admit it or deny it, but i have seen it 5 times now going to our corporate headquarters in san jose.

They buy B fares i buy the H fare and fight for the upgrade,

NW scoop Sep 7, 2007 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by ed1 (Post 8367944)
Thanks, it's always great to have these answers in writing (officially).

No problem. One of the things that didn't take long for scoop to learn, is that you all just want to know what the rules are. The rest sort of just takes care of itself.

NW scoop

aSiAnRiCk Sep 7, 2007 10:47 pm

Helpful chart .. thank you ^

SchmutzigMSP Sep 8, 2007 6:46 am

Originally Posted by NW scoop (Post 8368866)
One of the things that didn't take long for scoop to learn, is that you all just want to know what the rules are.

:D Now you're getting it. ;)

Thanks for the efforts. ^

RobOnLI Sep 8, 2007 10:02 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer (Post 8368229)

Directly from the page:
Northwest prioritizes upgrades based on the type of ticket purchased (full-fare vs. discount fare), Elite status, class of service (within Elite levels), date and time of booking. Full fare tickets include Y fares or -26/-27 type fares. Discount fare tickets include all other fares.

It clearly states right in there that class of service (fare class) is absolutely part of the equation.

-RM

avidflyer Sep 8, 2007 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 8370466)
Directly from the page:
Northwest prioritizes upgrades based on the type of ticket purchased (full-fare vs. discount fare), Elite status, class of service (within Elite levels), date and time of booking. Full fare tickets include Y fares or -26/-27 type fares. Discount fare tickets include all other fares.

It clearly states right in there that class of service (fare class) is absolutely part of the equation.

-RM

Scoop, other than Y and B (full fare)does fare class come into play for EUA?

avidflyer Sep 8, 2007 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 8370466)
Directly from the page:

-RM

Well with 139k eqm's this year I have rarely paid more than a K fare (maybe once or twice) on all very elite heavy routes BOS-SFO/LAX and have only missed 2 UG all year. I realize that fare class likely plays a role in BF's but the quote you cite does not say fare classes but rather "class of service" which is the cabin not the fare. It is my belief from experience that the date of booking is the tie breaker not the fare class (other than Y and B)

Yaatri Sep 8, 2007 7:33 pm

Even if fare basis is a factor in determining EUA priority within an Elite level, I have seen a situation in which Gold or, I imagine, a Silver with the same fare basis can trump a Platinum. In fact a gold can trump not just a platinum but platinums even if the the gold purchases his ticket at the same time as the platinums and with the same farebasis. This is a quiz guys. Does anyone know the answer?