Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Would you give up your FC seat for $100?

Old Jun 17, 02, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

On a flight today from SJC to MSP, a stand-by passenger was lucky enough to get a FC seat because it was the last available seat on the plane. A different guy in coach refused to sit in his assigned coach seat, saying that the guy next to him "smelled really bad." The flight attendants refused to reseat him since it was a full flight.
So, the guy in coach paid the stand-by passenger $100 to switch seats with him. Would you give up give up your FC seat for $100 bucks if you have to sit in coach next to someone who smelled?
Old Jun 17, 02, 5:40 pm

I smell that "why don't they pass out deodorant on the plane" thread coming back.

Old Jun 17, 02, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
Not for less than $300. I don't take DBC if it's less than $300 and if an F seat is available on the flight I'm moving to.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Jun 17, 02, 7:52 pm

The airline ought to have the power to remove any passenger who desperately needs a bath, a Speed Stick, and a gallon of Listerine. That's just gross.
Old Jun 17, 02, 8:37 pm

I would not give up my FC seat for $100 (unless the flight was less than an hour), but for $300 or more I would do it.
Old Jun 17, 02, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Harrah's Diamond; Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kishna:
... Would you give up give up your FC seat for $100 bucks if you have to sit in coach next to someone who smelled? </font>
When I waas a starving medical student, in a hearbeat. Now, no way.

------------------
As God as my witness, I will never fly coach again. &lt;sorry Scarlet&gt;
I am not real smart, but I can lift heavy things.
Old Jun 17, 02, 10:49 pm
R&R

Boss, the feet! the feet!

Old Jun 18, 02, 2:52 am

I don't usually travel FC anyway. 100$ will keep my stomach full for a week.
Old Jun 18, 02, 12:30 pm

I was given a gate upgrade on a DTW to AMS KLM flight a few years ago (I'm a NW Platinum, and coach was full).

Anyway, a guy standing behind me at the counter overheard what happened and offered me $300 to trade for his coach seat.

We settled on $400 ...it was completely worth it to me. Sure, coach sucked for 8 hours, but after it was over I had $400....
Old Jun 18, 02, 2:46 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I have to hand it to you. I would really have a problem giving up FC for 8 hours, or that matter give up $400.! But money means less and less to me. Will look forward to having to make that decision!

My guess is, I would stay in FC.
Old Jun 18, 02, 4:04 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bry99:
The airline ought to have the power to remove any passenger who desperately needs a bath, a Speed Stick, and a gallon of Listerine. That's just gross.</font>
They do. In the case of NW, it's covered under Rule 35, page 33 of their domestic rules.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: