Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NORTHWORST 32 year old plane missing part of wall

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NORTHWORST 32 year old plane missing part of wall

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2001, 11:13 pm

FlyerTalkers,

I have never nor do I presently claim to represent "Northwest Airlines".

I'm an employee who takes too much pride in my company to see it bashed so much here, and I try to share my thoughts from "the other side of the counter".

Regretfully, I'll just become a "lurker" as what I have to say will not be tolerated.

All the best,

MRJ
Old Sep 24, 2001, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
In the hopes that things get back to normal around here... I thought i'd bump up the thread that will not stay on topic (or end for that matter )
So is NWA retiring any old planes (like the 727 I wrote about) due to the disasters? Every other airline seems to be retiring DC-10's, boeing 727's etc. OR is this a buying opportunity for NWA to get more junk older planes???
Old Sep 24, 2001, 10:20 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I can only speak for my own experiences. I fly twice a year from LAX-HNL and always fly
CO and never have had a problem with service
of any kind however I needed to fly out of SFO last March and had to fly NW. I was suprised to have such crappy meal service,even the kids refused to eat their childs meal. THe LAV smelled to high heaven and some were out of service,drink service was non existent beyond the "meal" except for just pior to landing a water jug was offered,I took one sip and it tasted so bad I had to spit it out. I now can blieve such stories. Now a loyal One Pass flyer.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 2:56 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cigarman:

... I thought i'd bump up the thread

... So is NWA retiring any old planes (like the 727 I wrote about) due to the disasters? Every other airline seems to be retiring DC-10's, boeing 727's etc.
</font>
---

FWIW, while NWA just announced a deferral of 6 Airbus narrowbody aircraft (A320s and A319s)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/003415.html

they will be taking delivery of 757s, starting in July, to replace the DC-10-40s used on domestic routes by early this September, but the -30s are going to be around for a while yet.

It's also my understanding, and a far less than expert one at that, that the DC-10s as well as the 727s will effectively be phased out by the end of 2003, largely since they are not very efficient and thus quite costly to utilize.

Does anyone know about any plan for many of the NWA routes such as the European and Hawaiian ones that make frequent use of these DC-10 aircraft? Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2002, 3:03 pm

Only the DC10-40 are being retired, the 30's are being switched over to HI routes as the new A330's come on line, late spring 2003.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 3:30 pm

I flew in a Delta 727 with a hole in the overhead luggage compartments. You could see insulation and ductwork. This was earlier this year. (N290WA)
Old Jun 12, 2002, 11:31 pm

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I would have bet, that the holes would have been repaired by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.