Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

just try calling NWA as a Silver: "heavy call volume"

Old Mar 19, 02, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

For the umpteenth time in the past week, I've tried to reach NW and couldn't. Because of "extremely heavy call volume." So it is impossible to talk to an agent.

Why can't NWA provide a separate Silver elite number? Why can't they answer their phone?

A few days ago, I simply called the CO regular number and they helped me out. I would like to see NW increase it's commitment to service by simply answering their phone and having a customer service rep there in a reasonable period of time.
Old Mar 19, 02, 11:17 am

Programs: Former UA GS, demoted to lowly 1K MM
I've been having the same problem lately if I follow the WorldPerks Award reservations prompts, but if I go in like I'm going to buy a revenue ticket it usually goes through. I also switch between the (800) 225-2525 and the (800) 447-4747 numbers and often if I don't get through on one I will on the other.

That said, it's ridiculous that Elite members should have to go through this nonsense just to speak to an agent!
Old Mar 19, 02, 11:17 am
EMD
Original Member

Awhile back, someone posted a "secret" number - maybe for Gold or Canadian - something funky - or maybe it just wasn't toll free - - -anyway - the call went right through and no one gave me a hard time about my status. Perhaps that person could post the number again.

I agree - the service at NW's call center is rotten!
Old Mar 19, 02, 5:38 pm

When I was Silver...I often called the flight info. line (800 441-1818)...and punched in * or something like that. Whatever they tell you to do if you 'need assistance' with the automated system. Or stay on the line.

That worked pretty well.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: