Row 21 on a 742

Old Mar 6, 02, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Row 21 on a 742

What is the legroom like? Is it similar to row 10 on a DC-10? I did a search and could not find a specific answer to my question.

(I should clarify this a little more. This is the bulkhead behind WBC.)

Thanks

win1300

[This message has been edited by win1300 (edited 03-06-2002).]
Old Mar 6, 02, 10:04 pm
Original Member

As good as it gets.
Old Mar 7, 02, 9:35 am

The only problem with this row is that people tend to congregate in the space in front of you. A few strategicaly placed bags will take care of this.
Old Mar 7, 02, 10:31 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
I will be on a 742 next month to Tokyo. I actually have been contemplating on whether I should take up a seat on row 21 (bulkhead) or row 35 (exit row).
Some say for the exit row (aisle seat), it's a lot noisier with people traffic and occasionally having the foot run down by the beverage and food cart!
I guess the only drawback for row 21 aisle is to be awaken to let the window and middle seat passengers make their way out to the restrooms and such.
Can anybody else share their experience between these two choices?

Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by Infinity (edited 03-07-2002).]
Old Mar 7, 02, 12:55 pm
Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kilarney:
The only problem with this row is that people tend to congregate in the space in front of you.</font>
There is leg room. But not much more than that. I have never seen people "congregate" in that area. And I travel on these airplanes monthly.
Old Mar 7, 02, 12:58 pm

Woops! I thought the original message concerned row 35. I would DEFINITELY go with row 35 over row 21. (of course the above advice still applies) The only problem that I can think of is that you don't have a great view of the movie.

[This message has been edited by kilarney (edited 03-07-2002).]
Old Mar 7, 02, 2:53 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kilarney:
Woops! I thought the original message concerned row 35. I would DEFINITELY go with row 35 over row 21. (of course the above advice still applies) The only problem that I can think of is that you don't have a great view of the movie.
</font>
I wonder where the screen will be situated for exit row passengers?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: