Wiki Posts
Search

NW + Turkish combination

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2002, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

NW + Turkish combination

Here is the deal:
I have enough miles to fly to Europe on NW using NWA club discount.
I also have enough miles to go by Turkish airlines to Tel Aviv from Europe ( it is only 20K miles on them).
But, I can't get anu seats avaible to Europe around Mar 28?
Iwould preffer NW ( KLM) from NYC-AMS-IST
then hop TK to TLV
Any ideas?
Old Feb 21, 2002, 2:05 pm

Sorry, no ideas but your travel date is right at the beginning of the Easter long weekend for us Europeans. Award availability in Europe is usually very poor at that time.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 11:25 pm
eja

Well, I assume you mean coach. EWR-AMS-IST and JFK-AMS-IST both work on April 2, and if you can get to Boston, BOS-AMS-IST works on March 25 and March 30-April 1. Pretty tough on such short notice, but surprisingly TONS of space up front...
Old Feb 22, 2002, 2:31 am
Suspended

In addition to the long easter weekend, there are certainly the easter holidays for most of the countries in the EU, huge crowds going to Turkey and the US.

You should get better results two weeks later after the first weekend of April !!
Old Feb 22, 2002, 3:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bysa003:
Here is the deal:
I have enough miles to fly to Europe on NW using NWA club discount.
But, I can't get any seats avaible to Europe around Mar 28? I would prefer NW ( KLM) from NYC-AMS-IST then hop TK to TLV Any ideas?
</font>
Not quite the originating city you want, but:

BOS-AMS is available most days from March 25 to the end of the month.

BOS-AMS-IST is ok (Y and C) on March 30 and 31.

I've found the search results from the unofficial WPAA site better than on nwa.com:

http://usr.v7.com/wpaa/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.