Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2002, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles

I found this offer in the upper RH corner of Money section of 1/16 edition of USA Today:

"Buy a ticket at nwa.com for travel through February and earn 5,000 Bonus Miles. Register at www.nwa.com/offers/5K.)

Here's what the offer is: You must be a current WP member residing in the US, Canada or Mexico. Register before Jan. 31, complete RT travel by Feb. 28. Limit one 5,000 bonus mile award per registrant.
Applicable for travel within the U.S. 50, Canada or Mexico on NW-coded flights operated by NW Airlines or Northwest Airlink.

Also, it states that you must travel between January 15 and February 28, 2002, but nothing about when you purchased your ticket.

I'm traveling to Bangkok Jan. 23 for 7 days
on a NW flight purchased through a travel company, so I don't qualify because I'm traveling overseas and/or because the ticket wasn't purchased at nwa.com (though there's nothing in the Terms and Conditions about purchasing ticket at nwa.com).
Old Jan 17, 2002, 10:29 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
http://www.nwa.com/offers/5K/ is the Correct URL. Your link has two additional characters at the end, so it does not work. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:08 am

Unlike most NW promos, this one does not require that you credit your qualifying flights to WorldPerks.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:15 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Thanks. Given that I was already flying out tonight and returning home Sunday, that was about the easiest 5k miles I ever earned. Less than 30k left after this weekend to my wife and I flying WBC next December to CPT.

BTW, I got upgraded this morning for NW346 tonight---the SFO/DTW redeye. I never, ever, ever got that upgrade as Gold. Finally, as Platinum, I got it. That's the jewel in the crown right now.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:24 am

Got registered! Thanks so much for the info. I got to check USA Today regularly..
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:50 am

Thanks...the cool thing I see is that on the site it mentions noyhing of having to purchase the ticket online ..it merely states "travel between these dates..."

Registered here-going to AMS for Mardi Gras...
Old Jan 17, 2002, 11:57 am

I tried to enter promotion...but when click on "register" button, get "page cannot be found" error message...will try again later.

maybe the 5,000 miles will compensate for the waiting we will have to put up with when we fly this weekend...I can't beleive what we put up with for the "window dressing" security.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 12:03 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Both daughter and I will benefit from your generosity in posting this. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 3:46 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Thanks for the info.

And once again - why can't NW list all the promotions on their web site. They even put a paid advertisement in USA Today, so it should be straightforward to include this on the Promotion list at nwa.com
Old Jan 17, 2002, 5:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
Thanks for the info.

And once again - why can't NW list all the promotions on their web site. They even put a paid advertisement in USA Today, so it should be straightforward to include this on the Promotion list at nwa.com
</font>
It could be this will eventually posted on the NW website. Or, maybe not. There's some thought that they use offers like this to evaluate the effectiveness of various advertising media.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 6:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
And once again - why can't NW list all the promotions on their web site</font>
I was going to say the same thing. If NWA is going to offer the promo, why not inform as many people as possible?

Old Jan 17, 2002, 8:44 pm

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)
The rules say "Eligible travel includes all paid adult fare classes." I interpret this to mean that CyberFares are also included. Does this seem right to you?
Old Jan 17, 2002, 9:33 pm

YesHyM

Thanks for the heads up.

There is another new NW promotion (this one's on the NW website) that allows you to earn double miles for flights through Memphis made between 1/17 and 3/20. Question is, if I register for the 5000 mile promotion, then register for the MEMDM promotion, will one promotion have priority over the other. For short trips you'd naturally prefer the 5000 mile bonus to kick in, but for trips longer trips, you might prefer the double miles.
Do you know how NW handles this????

www.nwa.com/features/memdm.html
Old Jan 18, 2002, 12:09 am

Location: you can't affordably get there (anywhere) from here (central MT)
What is the four digit code for the MEM promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.