Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

WP Visa Miles Counting Towards Credited Flight Miles for Elite Status

Old Dec 23, 01, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Under NW promotion code 2364, announced after 9-11 I believe, if you registered for it then WP Visa miles from this Fall, in addition to counting for accrued mileage will be counted as credited flight miles toward 2002 elite status. I recently inquired of NWA why I had not seen those miles being counted for credited flight miles yet on my account. They responded that the miles will be posted 2-4 weeks after the promotion ended, which was 12/15/01.
Old Dec 24, 01, 8:57 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Could you post some details about this promotion. I was not aware of it.
Old Dec 24, 01, 9:37 am

As I understand it from the way it was explained to me, you must first of signed up for this promo, then spent $5000 on your wp visa between when this promo began (not sure of the exact date) and Dec. 15. Once this spending spree was accomplished, your account will be credited with the 10,000 credited flight miles. Hope wp's exlained it to me right so I'm not misleading anyone.
Old Dec 24, 01, 9:46 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
The 200% bonus promotion excluded the WorldPerks visa - so I guess you are talking about a different promotion.

Again any pointers to this on the Northwest web site or on any prior discussion in FlyerTalk would be helpful.
Old Dec 24, 01, 5:50 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Capo Craig:
As I understand it from the way it was explained to me, you must first of signed up for this promo, then spent $5000 on your wp visa between when this promo began (not sure of the exact date) and Dec. 15. Once this spending spree was accomplished, your account will be credited with the 10,000 credited flight miles. Hope wp's exlained it to me right so I'm not misleading anyone.</font>
Actually, I did signed up for this offer on Northwest's website.

The deal is you spend a total of $6,000 between then and December 15, 2001. Once you accomplished that, supposedly you will earn 1,000 credited flight miles to your account.
I did just that but never get the miles. Later when I spoke to the NW agent, I was told they will only credit the flight miles if I'm still under 25,000 flight miles for the year.
Old Jan 1, 02, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PG:
Could you post some details about this promotion. I was not aware of it.</font>
As I said in the original message, and contrary to what other posters posted about other promotions, this one is one under which your Worldperks Visa mileage credit for the promotion period would, in addition to being credited to your account as WP miles, be counted as ACTUAL FLIGHT MILES for 2001 for determining your elite status for 2002. However, you had to sign up for this long ago.

Old Jan 2, 02, 10:40 pm

Well I'm sure glad to learn about the promotion now that it has expired.
Old Feb 2, 02, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithnj973:
Well I'm sure glad to learn about the promotion now that it has expired.</font>

I was just letting people know what I had learned about when the mileage would be credited. You'll have to watch for your own promotions when they come up.

Last edited by milemaster; Sep 6, 04 at 11:14 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: