40,000 Mile Sprint NorthWest Promo

Old Oct 23, 01, 10:31 am

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Personally I think the length of time that the telecom companies use depends on the amount of business that you do. At one time I switched from MCI to AT&T; within a couple of weeks MCI called to offer me $100 to switch back. I think for lines that aren't generating a lot of revenue the waiting period to be considered a new account (not returning to an old account) is about a year.
Old Oct 23, 01, 11:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hertz Gold, Ihg platinum, club carlson gold
i joined in early sept, so far have received 6000 miles and a card from sprint showing the promotion i signed up for, hopefully it will continue on......
Old Oct 25, 01, 6:10 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
Sigh... I thought everything was going well with this promo -- got the miles, got the postcard. But, then, got my bill Shows me at $5.95 per month instead of the $3.95 per month. Those little $2 differences add up, so will need to call Sprint about this...
Old Oct 27, 01, 11:18 pm

Um...okay. I signed up for this 40K promo back in late September (28th). Today, I noticed that Sprint Long Distance has posted a bonus to my NWA account in the amount in the amount of 1,000 miles. Huh?! I thought we were going to get 5K after the first statement. Should I be calling Sprint about this, or is that 1K a nice extra bonus and the 5K (or the other 4K at least) will show in a few days? Any advice?
Old Oct 28, 01, 1:41 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ThisFlightNoFuel:Today, I noticed that Sprint Long Distance has posted a bonus to my NWA account in the amount in the amount of 1,000 miles. Huh?! I thought we were going to get 5K after the first statement.</font>
The 1,000 bonus miles is supposed to be a "pleasant surprise" from Sprint for signing up for local toll.

[This message has been edited by Infinity (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old Oct 28, 01, 6:14 am
sim

Infinity is correct. I also signed up for the 40K on 9/22 and received 1000 miles around 10/17 and figured they messed up so I called. They explained it was an unadvertised bonus if you signed up for local toll calls. Two days later the 5K posted. In the mail yesterday I received the postcard outlining how the miles will be posted. My first bill was dated 9/30/01 so it took 19 days for the bonus to post if that helps at all.
Old Oct 28, 01, 11:14 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ThisFlightNoFuel:
Um...okay. I signed up for this 40K promo back in late September (28th). Today, I noticed that Sprint Long Distance has posted a bonus to my NWA account in the amount in the amount of 1,000 miles. Huh?! I thought we were going to get 5K after the first statement. Should I be calling Sprint about this, or is that 1K a nice extra bonus and the 5K (or the other 4K at least) will show in a few days? Any advice?</font>
Same thing happened to me. emailed sprint on it and received reply stating that 1,000 was for the online sign up bonus, the 5k you mention will post in a couple of weeks.

Old Nov 24, 01, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Can someone please point me in the direction of the complete text for this offer? I can't be sure, but I think I'm getting hosed. All of the links in this thread go to stale pages. If anyone has the text, I'd be appreciative. If you can scan it and email it to the address in my profile that would be much appreciated and welcome as well.

Thanks...dingo
Old Nov 25, 01, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
bump
Old Nov 25, 01, 7:57 pm
BSL

Dingo,

Email me you address/fax number and I will send you a copy of my print-out from the net.

BSL
Old Nov 27, 01, 12:44 am

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
I, too, received the postcard saying that the monthly fee was $5.95 instead of the advertised $3.95. A CSR has kindly informed me that the $0.07 per minute plan has always had a $5.95 fee. I have the printout of the web offer dated 9/30/2001 showing the $3.95/mo, but I was wondering if there were others who were successful in getting the $3.95/mo, and how they did it?

BTW, 6k miles have posted so far, so at least that's OK. Thanks for any assistance.
Old Nov 27, 01, 8:49 am
Suspended

Something I just found out, although according a Sprint CSR,just got off the phone (says promo has been on going for a while) if you are a user of Sprint PCS which I am, your monthly fee whether $3.95 or $5.95 will be waved.
Great news for me, makes my 40K NWA miles almost free of cost.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 11-27-2001).]
Old Nov 27, 01, 9:20 am
sim

I was quoted the $3.95 on-line and in writing by Sprint. Read your post and checked my statement and I was charged $5.95 so I called Sprint. Here is what I was told:
Charge is $5.95 for the .07/min plan but I receive a discount "NWA $2 OFF MRC NNS" it is located just below below Sprint charges. This discount is for the monthly recurring charge. Maybe yours is done the same way.
Old Nov 27, 01, 11:38 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Something I just found out, although according a Sprint CSR,just got off the phone (says promo has been on going for a while) if you are a user of Sprint PCS which I am, your monthly fee whether $3.95 or $5.95 will be waved.
Great news for me, makes my 40K NWA miles almost free of cost.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 11-27-2001).]
</font>
Mike -- AFAIK, monthly fee waiving promo (through Sprint PCS) is not combinable with the 40K promo (or at least so I was told by Sprint).

Old Nov 27, 01, 12:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BSL:
Dingo,

Email me you address/fax number and I will send you a copy of my print-out from the net.

BSL
</font>
Received the fax. Thank you!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: