Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40,000 Mile Sprint NorthWest Promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2001, 11:07 am

If I am already a NorthWest/Sprint member, can I resign up in order to get the 40,000 NWA miles, or is this just for someone who is not currently using Sprint?

Is anyone in my same boat, and are they going to try to switch to MCI etc. for 1 day, cancel, and then sign up for Sprint?

What would the penalties be?
Old Sep 10, 2001, 10:31 pm

Quote. Just for asking I was allowed to upgraded from my existing 20K Worldperks plan to the 40K plan.
I use international, so I pay a recurring monthly of $5.95 instead of $3.95. End Quote.

Well, it was too good to be true. After reading a cautionary posting, I called Sprint today to confirm the above, and was told I was NOT on the 40K plan - had never BEEN on the 40k plan and could not GO on the 40k plan. Apparently the csr had no idea what she was saying, had cancelled out my existing WP account and enrolled me on a regular NON mileage plan. WTG sprint.
Now thats what I call service. So, I cajoled the supervisor into reverting to the 20k WP plan plus 5K disappointment bonus miles.
The complication is international calls, as mentioned by a previous poster, you can't get a rate under $2 per min on the 40k plan.

Update:
I called back and got on the 40k plan with no international. I will look elswhere as the rate is $2.40 per min. Maybe a 10 10 company.
Bonus miles post as follows
5k bonus miles posted on 1st / 4th invoice
10k bonus miles posted 8 /12 /18th invoice.
Plus : 1k bonus miles for having local long distance
I will call tomorrow and confirm I really am on this plan. The csa was very gracious, and gave me her name and ID to follow up.
She promised to email confirmation and snail mail the plan info package, We'll see.

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old Sep 13, 2001, 7:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ErthCrclr:
Tulane, did you get the name of the Sprint CSR? I did not have the same luck you did.</font>
Sorry I didn't reply earlier. In my first conversation, I was promised a $10 check to cover my local exchange carriers switching fee. For what it's worth, I first spoke with "Patricia." Sorry, no extension number.

I just called today to confirm the new service and learned that I had to call my local phone company and remove a "pick restriction" that prevents the long distance company from being changed. "Kristine" promised that, if I didn't see the check in a few days then I could call back to issue one.

Heck, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Old Sep 13, 2001, 11:29 am

Before anyone tries to change their carrier, make sure a PIC (Presubscribed Interexchange Carrier) FREEZE is not on your line. A PIC Freeze prevents a carrier from changing your long distance from one carrier to another. There is no charge to add or remove a PIC freeze. Because of 'slamming' by some carriers, local phone companies offer a PIC freeze. If one IS on the line, it can prevent your signing up with a program and by the time you know about it and remove the freeze, the promo could be over.
Old Sep 15, 2001, 8:50 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
Check out this joker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1275157331
Old Sep 16, 2001, 9:30 pm

Check out this joker:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1275157331

That is too much. He has a current bid of $20.00.
Old Sep 18, 2001, 4:15 am

Has anyone been able to receive anything in writing stating that they are signed up for this promotion. I asked that a letter be sent to me informing me that I was signed up for the 40,000 miles promotion. All I received was the welcome info which does not mention the promotion. I do not have any proof that I changed to sprint for the promotion. I do not trust Sprint.
Old Sep 18, 2001, 10:12 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Well, you're not alone.
I verified through the 700-number last Sunday and found out that I have been switched to Sprint. Even though I opted for the e-mail notification, I have yet to receive a single thing from them.
The scary part is first, to totally trust the Sprint folks and secondly, no proof whatsoever (that I signed up for the 40,000 miles promotion).
Sigh...something tells me this will be yet another long battle with Sprint.
Probably all terrorists in this world will be captured before I get my miles from Sprint.
Hopefully they don't screw us up again this time.
I'm getting too old to fight with them!!
Old Sep 18, 2001, 6:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly4free:
I asked that a letter be sent to me informing me that I was signed up for the 40,000 miles promotion. All I received was the welcome info which does not mention the promotion.</font>
Same here. Just a welcome letter, no mention of the particular plan in spite of being promised same.
Old Sep 19, 2001, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
I signed up for the 40K promo on 9/4, choosing the email notification option. Through the 700# system I found out my LD had been switched to Sprint on 9/6. On 9/9 I received an email from MCI offering me 5K to come back. As of now, I still haven't received any correspondence from Sprint. I still think everything is okay, but it would be nice to hear from them.
Old Sep 19, 2001, 9:49 pm

I got the same letter: No mention of miles, and it listed a $5.95 rate instead of the $3.95 that I signed up for. I spent twenty minutes with them on the phone today. Although they confirmed the $3.95 rate and the 40,000 miles promo, even the supervisor told me they could not send me a letter or email with the proper information! They said they "didn't have any". I asked them to TYPE one up, but they said they couldn't!
Old Sep 20, 2001, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1276690916

Can you believe this?
Old Sep 20, 2001, 9:56 am

No doubt that Auction will be taken down sometime soon.

What's he trying to sell? From the long winded "trust me, I'm not selling snake oil" description, I can't figure out if he's trying to offer 40,000 miles or two Domestic tickets? How would he transfer miles?

Oh, to keep us on topic... I have a couple bonuses supposedly coming from Sprint (for signing up for PCS, and for the 7-cents-per-minute promotion). Is there any way to follow up (or get some kind of confirmation) with Sprint so that way I know the bonus miles I'm due actually show up? A toll free number or an address or?
Old Sep 20, 2001, 12:17 pm

Third time lucky.
I called and confirmed I really was on the 40K 7c anytime plan. YES - so far so good.
The rep told me the monthly fee is $3.95 but it may show $5.95 on the paperwork - She said this is a glitch and it really IS $3.95 and to ignore $5.95. (What?)
Anyway - there is no letter that clearly states the plans mileage details.
Curious I know, but Sprint don't seem to think its necessary - Somethings up somewhere I feel.

Old Sep 20, 2001, 5:22 pm

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. I just hooked up for 80,000 miles. (Two lines) Put 40k on my WP card and 40K on my wifes. I am with these guys now, but have long since collected my miles from the first offer so this is great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.