Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Where can I write to ask for status renewal.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2002, 2:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott

I was gold last year and was on my way to gold again, until Sept. 11.
Then all corporate travel was stopped.
I ended year with 37K.
I figured that I could write NW and see if they would comp me to Gold or give me a challenge. I am flying once or twice a week again, but I do not think I will have enought for gold by March.
Anyone know which address or fax or e-mail would have the best chance of being seen by someone who coul make a decision?
Any chances of it happening?
Old Jan 25, 2002, 4:04 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
I have no idea what your chances of pulling this off would be. I'm also not clear on what the reference to March would be, since even though your current Gold status will take you through the end of February 2002, the qualification period for flight miles would have ended Dec. 31, 2001 to take you through Feb. 2003. But if I was giving it a shot, I think I would use one of those Gold Elite envelopes from your packet. The couple of times I've used them for correspondence, the response has been very timely. Good luck!
Old Jan 25, 2002, 7:48 pm

I worte them a letter (currently Silver Elite... past 7 years). I was surprised that they claimed they are not accepting petitions to maintain status this year. They then of course reminded me that I can earn the status. Too bad.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 8:46 pm
Suspended

I was thinking of doing the same, then realized I didn't even make it to real Silver (which they downgraded me to), so it might be asking a bit much. After being Plat for 2 years and gold last year, I would like the benefit of the doubt, but at the same time the reason I slipped so much with NW miles this year was the plan to move 100% to AA anyway since OW gets me to Australia easier (from BKK) which is where most of my travels now take me.

But if you have any luck, would like to know, after enjoying NW for awhile I kind of have doubts about letting go and no thinking could I get in 50K miles before the end of feb...

Cheers
Old Jan 26, 2002, 6:28 am

I sent a request for a status renewal in early January using my Gold Elite priority envelope and have not heard a reply. Of course I had just barely earned enough miles for Silver Elite this year.

I also used the opportunity to complain about quite simply the worst service ever experienced before a Northwest flight. I was one of ten people who were told that we would get to our destination that evening if we deplaned (overweight dc9 due to weather). After waiting in the gate for 20 minutes, they just called us up one by one and rebooked us the next day, and they proceded to tell all 10 of us that "She didn't promise anything." Even better was that this happened on Dec 22nd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.