Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW alert about delay, but airport says no?

Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards

I am sitting in the WC at LAX and I received a message from NWA.com on my way to the airport that NW330 was delayed from 10:43 to 10:58, with the arrival in DTW being 45 minutes late. (not good for my connection...)

Upon arrival at LAX, NW agent tells me that the flight still shows on time? Flight stats has it delayed until 11:05. NW ops at LAX advises that this is the origination point, and the a/c is here, so no delay.....

I guess we'll see who is correct. I'm guessing that I'll be re-booking my flight to AMS from DTW tonight.

FYI - at least 5 NW flights showing on the board as canceled.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 1worldtrader
I am sitting in the WC at LAX and I received a message from NWA.com on my way to the airport that NW330 was delayed from 10:43 to 10:58, with the arrival in DTW being 45 minutes late. (not good for my connection...)

Upon arrival at LAX, NW agent tells me that the flight still shows on time? Flight stats has it delayed until 11:05. NW ops at LAX advises that this is the origination point, and the a/c is here, so no delay.....

I guess we'll see who is correct. I'm guessing that I'll be re-booking my flight to AMS from DTW tonight.

FYI - at least 5 NW flights showing on the board as canceled.
flight stats is correct....why do people in the airports insist on always being correct? I'd call reservations and ask them to protect you on the later connection
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:51 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by socrates
flight stats is correct....why do people in the airports insist on always being correct? I'd call reservations and ask them to protect you on the later connection
Nope, left four minutes early per nwa.com.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Nope, left four minutes early per nwa.com.
lol well I stand corrected
Old Jul 30, 2007, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Yep, left early , service was great. Connection in DTW was tight, I basically walked off one plane and onto the next. Service to AMS was also very friendly and I was happy with the food and drink options.

Considering the outrageous number of canceled NW flights the past couple of days, I consider my self lucky to have made it out!

I do hope NW can work everything out with the pilots. I am now Gold, with Platinum coming by November. I like the service, but the potential inconvenience of having my flights canceled frequently may be enough to push me to another carrier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.