Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Dreaded "Pending Internal Processing"

Old Dec 14, 01, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Dl mm (Gold), Marriott Patinum, UA Silver

What can you all tell me about this message for worldperks posting? My wife and I took a trip recently. My miles posted, hers (all four legs) have this message. Wouldn't normally care, but the posting would give her enough for gold....

Do they all eventually clear? What causes them? Do I need to intervene?

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 14, 01, 1:48 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
They'll eventually clear after 1-2 weeks. The trip is manually examined by someone and then gives the credit. These things occur when you're rebooked into new flights or you're upgraded by a gate agent (i.e. not elite-based upgrades).

- Pat

[This message has been edited by Wiirachay (edited 12-14-2001).]
Old Dec 14, 01, 3:57 pm

I have had a couple of those...I call and each time its cleared up by next day...I am watching closely (I will be 500 miles over)...will be platnum after 2 L.A. runs and to Germany runs...call me crazy...My pending items were from changing flights (same day stand-by)...but all cleared up fine.

my advice would be to call.
good luck.
Old Dec 14, 01, 4:00 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
I have had a couple of those...they all cleared up fine in a day or two without having me take any action at all.
Old Dec 14, 01, 7:12 pm

I have a bit of experience in this matter. The miles will clear and be dated on the flight date, so elite status is a non-issue except for the bonus miles that would automaticlly be awarded. Easily fixed with a call to WorldPerks. In my case, when it took 3 weeks for my flight to internally process they told me that this happens when they need to verify flight info-- in my case a discrpency in my name on the flight.

hope that helps.
Old Dec 14, 01, 10:17 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I've noticed these on two occasions:
1) Myself flying on KLM or NW international (not rebooked or upgraded).
2) On my wife's account when she got a companion upgrade.

They clear up in 1-2 weeks.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 12-14-2001).]
Old Dec 15, 01, 12:06 am

Same experience here with "pending internal processing." They always have posted for me within 2 weeks. However, I have a new one: "Too soon to post." Has anyone ever seen that? Interestingly, 2 other flights that same day posted already.
Old Dec 15, 01, 1:54 am

I have one of those dreaded P.I.P. comments on my account at this time from bud>ams>msp>lax flight last week. It will be really interesting to see what the outcome is. I had some upgrade coupons and they bumped my wife and myself from economy to wbc. In the past they have always given me the double miles on shorter legs that were upgraded (ams>bud or bud>ams), but now I'm waiting to see if I will get double miles across the pond. I've kept the wbc boarding passes in case I need to show those internal processors anything.
Old Dec 21, 01, 11:33 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hobson:
Same experience here with "pending internal processing." They always have posted for me within 2 weeks. However, I have a new one: "Too soon to post." Has anyone ever seen that? Interestingly, 2 other flights that same day posted already.</font>
Now I have a "Too soon to post" in my account for one of my flight segment. Anyone knows precisely how long it will take to post the miles?
14 business days sound awfully long, IMO...
Old Dec 21, 01, 7:40 pm

My "too soon to post" flight posted 6 calendar days after the flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: