Ok, these cutbacks have got to stop!!!

Old Nov 8, 01, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
Ok, these cutbacks have got to stop!!!

You know you fly too much when you look forward to the new in-flight magazine. Yesterday was my first flight for November on NW, so I got on the plane and plopped my happy hiney down in 1C and got ready to do the new crossword puzzle in the World Traveller.

Holy curse word Batman, they didn't put a crossword puzzle in this issue!!!
Old Nov 8, 01, 8:03 pm

So you're the one!
Old Nov 10, 01, 11:25 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, Amtrak, VIA
NWA could keep the "Spinsels" pretzels they hand out with drinks--the cardboard flavor they have makes me think they must have bought five million packages back about oh, 1994. Daze
Old Nov 12, 01, 12:18 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
You know you fly too much when you look forward to the new in-flight magazine. Yesterday was my first flight for November on NW, so I got on the plane and plopped my happy hiney down in 1C and got ready to do the new crossword puzzle in the World Traveller.

Holy curse word Batman, they didn't put a crossword puzzle in this issue!!!
</font>

One of my favorite things to do on the train in New York is to whip out the NYT crossword puzzle and, while sitting next to someone else, proceed to fill in all the blanks with any old letter. This makes me A) feel intelligent and B) make the person sitting next to me think I'm intelligent.

Spend the extra few dollars on the New York ?Times and have some fun!
Old Nov 12, 01, 9:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
Northwest Airlines provides a First Class service which is a complete joke-- though I'm not laughing.

-- reliance on carts for service despite preplated meals and mostly narrowbody fleet

-- hot meals are now a rare occurrence (especially at breakfast &lt;please, no more Cheerios or Wheaties and a banana&gt;-- bring back the hot breakfast)

-- no tray linen or hot towels

-- WorldClub cutbacks on the ground

-- inattentive flight attendants
Old Nov 13, 01, 12:16 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Daze:
NWA could keep the "Spinsels" pretzels they hand out with drinks--the cardboard flavor they have makes me think they must have bought five million packages back about oh, 1994.</font>
Oh God, Aren't those things just awful! That fake buttery taste is vile! Why don't they just install a snack vending machine in the back already and eliminate the .00000001 cents per serving they currently spend, eh?

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 11-12-2001).]
Old Nov 13, 01, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
not to try and be the contrarian, but i actually really like those pretzels. on the other hand, those horrible sandwiches that they serve on the evening flights are worse than what they get in coach (which is nothing).

i just flew continental and they had hot towels, great food (steak and pasta, hot rolls, salad, etc.) and superb service (not to mention leather seats). that shared elite status works wonders.
Old Nov 13, 01, 7:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:

-- no tray linen or hot towels
</font>
I don't know about you, but I've gotten them on every flight I've been upgraded on with NW.

NW has added one thing to its service, viz., those nice little cards apologizing for the plastic cutlery for everyone who has been in a coma for the last couple of months. I think maybe they should save the money on the cards. We all know. Or, maybe, they could have little cards apologizing for the food instead of the silverware. I think I actually had my first taste of horse on an LAX-MSP flight last week. Always go with the chicken.

Transworldone, you must just have bad luck with the FAs. Lately, it's an exceptional case when I get a NW FA that isn't good, if not excellent.
Old Nov 14, 01, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
I don't know about meals, most of my flights are short (BNA-DTW/MEM and a connection to somewhere else less than 2 hours).

I just want the crossword back. You know you fly too much when you look forward to the new inflight rag and you're plat in two different, unaligned programs!
Old Nov 14, 01, 5:29 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I have to agree with Trans World. I was told by a FA, no linens on the breakfast flights, but dinner flights still have them. The cold breakfasts SUCK! plain and simple. I want my hot meal in the morning.... I flew NWA and CO several times in the past 60 days and the food service on CO shines, they even have decent "snacks" in FC on flights over 2 hrs. If you have the chance, give CO a try and see what food in FC really looks like. BTW their salt and pepper shakers look cool too!

Search this Thread