FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   WorldClub questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/71723-worldclub-questions.html)

snackyx Oct 25, 2001 8:04 am

WorldClub questions

I am considering joining NW World Clubs but have a few questions for those who know the ropes:

If a member of NW WorldClubs, can you use the CO lounges at their hubs?

If I join as an individual, can my wife gain access when traveling with me? Can my two kids also enter when we travel as a family of four?

Are there any sign-up bonuses for joining that are available? (There was an offer of 5000 WP miles out there somehwhere.) I am NW Platinum and would join for three years. I would like to join in December because my flight schedule picks up in January. How long does it take NWA to process your "application" once submitted before you are a member?

Any help on these questions, and any other helpful hints, would be much appreciated.

guy44134 Oct 25, 2001 8:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snackyx:
</font>
You can use ALL Presidents Clubs, not just at their hubs.

rwinn Oct 25, 2001 9:11 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by snackyx:

Yes, you can use any President's Club. You can also use Alaska Airlines Board Room as long as you have a ticket for a flight for the same day.

If I join as an individual, can my wife gain access when traveling with me?

Yes.

Can my two kids also enter when we travel as a family of four?

Yes, the Members Guide says "...bring up to two (2) guests, or your spouse and children (under 21 years of age), with you when you visit a club, space permitting."

Are there any sign-up bonuses for joining that are available?

Yes, 5000 miles are still available until the end of Oct. They keep extending it but I don't know if they'll extend it again or not.

How long does it take NWA to process your "application" once submitted before you are a member?

I believe it should be instant. You can sign up at the lounge. They should be able to have you ready to go in no time if you decide to do it.

Good luck!

-Robert

J0HN Oct 31, 2001 8:39 am

I would like to add another question to this topic. Has anyone used an AMEX Platinum to access the Worldclubs (specifically in Detroit) while on a continental ticket?

EMD Nov 7, 2001 1:05 pm

I access the Clubs all the time with my platinum card - has already paid for itself. Sometimes they ask to see my ticket, sometimes they don't, sometimes it has been a purchased ticket, sometimes a freebie - no one has given me a hard time. LOVE the Japanese beers they have in the clubs!!!!!

ETOPS01 Nov 7, 2001 6:44 pm

As soon as you sign up you'll get a business-card sized temporary membership that can be used until you get your permanent plastic one.