World Business Class over Atlantic

Old Oct 30, 01, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

World Business Class over Atlantic

I am wondering how World Business Class is rated especially compared to AA's J class.

Does it matter if it is on a NW DC10 or KL 747/MD11? Is the product exactly the same on thess various aircraft?

Aren't those D10's getting old?

Thanks,

Steven

Old Oct 31, 01, 1:12 am

Steven, don't know about AA-J, but I always try to fly on KL planes even though I keep my miles with NW. Those 10's are getting old and they always feel like they are straining to get off the the runway at Schipol with a full load. I think the KL World Business Class beats NW anyday!!! Besides, their fleet is so much newer (none of those old 10's). Hope things work out for you.
Old Oct 31, 01, 7:10 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
But if flying with KL avoid 767-s, they won't reconfigure them with the new WBC-Seats...
Old Oct 31, 01, 7:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I always try to get on nw 747 for transatlantic. Rows 1-4 on a 744 and upstairs on a 742.
Old Oct 31, 01, 8:22 am

NW business class is nothing special. KLM is usually better. NW has put a lot of energy into promoting its newer business product, but I'm not sure that it lives up to the billing. AA in Business Class seems to be better.

British Airways has Seats that recline to beds on some of its transatlantic routes. Through December 15, BA also has a promotion if you are not already a member of its FFQ program that you will get 2 RT tickets in Coach anywhere they fly after you complete one transatlantic business class trip - you can't beat that.
Old Oct 31, 01, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Besides, their fleet is so much newer (none of those old 10's).
</font>
Well, not sure if I would call an aircraft that was build in 1978 a "new" aircraft, and even their youngest 743 dates back to 1986. See http://about.klm.com/Fleet/Boeing747-300.asp for details...

I think the 763 they have are still KL's youngest aircraft on long-haul routes...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Oct 31, 01, 1:17 pm
nlp

The only disadvantage of KL MD11 is the seat is narrower than that of NW DC10 because there're 7 seats in one row, and therefore there's one middle seat.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: