EUA on CO ticket for WP elites

Old Oct 29, 01, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Splat, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Explodist, IHG Splat
EUA on CO ticket for WP elites

ok, I'm confused now about CO upgrades for WP elites who buy CO tickets, having just done a search here and not seeing the answer clearly.

I just bought a ticket on CO MSP-DTW-IAH-SJC-IAH-MSP (NW metal MSP-DTW) for $127.00. 5892 status miles + Platinum* bonus = 13,257 miles @ 0.0096cents/mile. price divided by total mileage? I think that's right. cool.

anyway, they have my WP number in the rez. but the woman I talked to at CO told me I had to call them three days before the flight to request my upgrades. I though you didn't have to do that anymore and that the EUA thing now worked the same between NW and CO no matter which you were on.

do CO send emails of upgrade success (or not) automatically for WP elites? does NW take care of the EUA and email or does CO?

*I'll be Plat by the time I take this flight, only one more M+ fare NW flight to go this week to qualify for the gold upgrade promo but this SJC flight would do the trick even without that.
Old Oct 30, 01, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by born sleepy:
ok, I'm confused now about CO upgrades for WP elites who buy CO tickets, having just done a search here and not seeing the answer clearly.

I just bought a ticket on CO MSP-DTW-IAH-SJC-IAH-MSP (NW metal MSP-DTW) for $127.00. 5892 status miles + Platinum* bonus = 13,257 miles @ 0.0096cents/mile. price divided by total mileage? I think that's right. cool.

anyway, they have my WP number in the rez. but the woman I talked to at CO told me I had to call them three days before the flight to request my upgrades. I though you didn't have to do that anymore and that the EUA thing now worked the same between NW and CO no matter which you were on.

do CO send emails of upgrade success (or not) automatically for WP elites? does NW take care of the EUA and email or does CO?

*I'll be Plat by the time I take this flight, only one more M+ fare NW flight to go this week to qualify for the gold upgrade promo but this SJC flight would do the trick even without that.
</font>

Upgrades are handled automatically just like NWA (the EUA for CO flights is handled by CO, and for NW flights is handled by NW)

Congrats on becoming Plat.....give it a week or 2 after you become plat, then call CO and ask them to reenter your WP # so your new status will show. As I understand it, once your status is entered into a reservation for either airline, it is never upgraded unless they manually reenter your #. I also know it takes awhile for the other airline to show your new higher status.
Old Oct 30, 01, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond - 4MM
As a NW Platinum I have had remarkable success with automatic upgrades on CO flights. Five of my last six flights I have been upgraded without the need for a call to request a seat up front. The one itinerary I was not automatically upgraded on was probably due to the fact that I booked the ticket two days prior to departure. I was able to call and secure a first class seat without issue.
Old Oct 30, 01, 11:19 am

I flew CO this weekend (I'm NW Silver) and EUA only upgraded me for one of the segments. The other two segments were upgraded at the gate, so I had a perfect average. I think that the EUA works, but that the seats were not showing as available during the EUA window.

I posted a trip report for this trip here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/002258.html
Old Oct 30, 01, 11:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
I've been 100% on CO metal this year with my NW Plat status.

I typically call the NW plat desk when my 5 day window opens and ask them to "put on the CO hat" and check and see if I've been upgraded. 80% of the time, the auto upgrade has happened, the other 20% it hadn't, but the agent was able to do it for me.

Next week will be different, I'm flying on NW metal on a CO codeshare ticket. Let's see how that pans out upgrade-wise. Might be interesting.

[This message has been edited by bonzaiflyer (edited 10-30-2001).]
Old Oct 30, 01, 11:26 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
As a platinum on NW I always call after midnight to double check. Most times than not on CO my upgrade hasn't gone through but the WP res agent always is able to upgrade me.
Old Oct 30, 01, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
I'm 100% on CO as well.

Search this Thread