FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Upcoming Trip in NW Coach (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/71639-upcoming-trip-nw-coach.html)

ArlingtonTraveler Oct 15, 2001 2:07 pm

Upcoming Trip in NW Coach

Okay, I'm OnePass Gold so I have not sat in coach class except for a couple times in over 30 flights over the last year.

I have some "orphaned" WorldPerks miles that I cashed in for a domestic roundtrip DCA-DEN during the Columbus Day weekend. Both directions involve about a 1 hour layover in MSP. Since there is no more food (with few exceptions) in Y on NW, what's a good place to eat in MSP as I just can't go without food for 6 hours and McDonald's typically makes me sick to my stomach.

Also, what is NW position on assigning exit row and bulkhead seats the day of departure? Can you pick those using either the automated ticketing machine or internet check-in, or do you have to check-in with a human being to get assigned a bulkhead or emergency exit-row seat?

kanderna Oct 15, 2001 5:31 pm

There is a Chili's in MSP, as well as your usual McDonalds, BK, Pizza Hut, California Pizza Kitchen. There may be something over on the ABCD concourses, but I never get over there, so I'm not sure.

As far as checking in online and via kiosks, you can put yourself in a bulkhead if it's available, but exit row must be done with a real person as far as I know.

[This message has been edited by kanderna (edited 10-15-2001).]

DJMeatBall Oct 16, 2001 7:53 am

you know what I would do...

Now that you've "cashed" in your WorldPerks mile to get a domestic ticket, get your Continental Gold number attached to the reservation as the frequent flyer number that you're flying under.

You won't collect any miles on a W class ticket, of course, but you MAY get an automatic (or manual) complimentary upgrade.

crampedincoach Oct 16, 2001 8:31 am

MSP food. I always stop by the taco stand around gate C 7 or 8. It's quick, cheap, relatively healthy, and if I have a while I can grab a beer at the attached bar. MSP-DCA is dedicated to gate C3, so you'll be right there on the return. The DCA-MSP leg does not have a dedicated leg. The Chilis/Fridays have such a reduced menu its as if their kitchen is just one guy running a fryer. No thanks.

Exit rows. As an elite they can preassign. I don't know, however, if this perk extends to award tix. It's worth a phone call.

Have a good trip.

cic

bry99 Oct 16, 2001 8:48 am

Compared to the increasingly lean offerings at other airports, MSP is not a bad place to eat. I like the Split Rock Bar and Grill, which is in the shopping mall part of the terminal. The airport's web site has a fairly comprehensive list of what restaurants are located where.

ArlingtonTraveler Oct 16, 2001 3:27 pm

How would one go about doing this?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJMeatBall:

Now that you've "cashed" in your WorldPerks mile to get a domestic ticket, get your Continental Gold number attached to the reservation as the frequent flyer number that you're flying under.

</font>

the-ca-goat Oct 16, 2001 4:55 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bry99:
[B]I like the Split Rock Bar and GrillB]</font>

Me too. The wild rice soup is decent for aiport food. I was at C3 (formerly green concourse) last week, across the way is Maui Taco's...I didn't have time to eat, but it smelled pretty good.