Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

dining for miles resturants in the MSP terminal

Old Sep 28, 01, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Due to a rearranged flight schedule, I now have a 5 hour layover in this terminal next week and since my flights won't be serving meals anyway thought I'd take the opportunity to rack up a few more miles. Can anyone look in thier booklet and tell me which places in the MSP terminal participate?
Old Sep 28, 01, 12:42 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
I don't believe there are any restaurants in the MSP airport that will give you any miles. However, if you have a five hour layover I suggest that you spend a buck and take the bus to the Mall of America. You can ride some rides, eat some food, drink some drinks, play a game of miniature golf, and spend some money (just don't buy anything sharp to carry on the plane).
Old Sep 28, 01, 6:28 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
...And if you DO go to the Mall of America, I believe Sarno Gelato restaurant there is a Dining for Miles place...
Old Sep 28, 01, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

If I leave the airport, won't I have to check back in 2 hours early again leaving me only 3 hours to do the mall?
Old Sep 29, 01, 7:42 am

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Well, I would guess you would want to leave yourself 90 minutes to be on the safe side, anyway -- and that would be quite safe. Keep in mind that since you will already have a boarding pass, your only issue will be passing through security. Part of that proverbial two-hour window is involved with checking in for your flight, which you will have already done.
Old Sep 29, 01, 6:35 pm
R&R

I took the Marriott shuttle for a nice set dinner, when I had a layover. Much better then airport food. And a bargain.

Their shuttle will take you to the mall if you have time.

Old Oct 1, 01, 10:05 am

Programs: ex-platinum/gold for many years on most all US carriers until 911 when I started avoiding flying.
The most anyone I know of has waited to clear security at MSP lately is around 10 minutes. So if you go to the MOA (city buses run about every 10/15 minutes) and you get back to the airport 45 min before takeoff you will probaby get to the gate just about boarding time. The city buses leave from the upper level on the parking garage side. So take the skyway across to the parking garage and look for the bus stop. I think the fare is $1.75 so have exact change. The ticket is good for two hours so you can ride over, eat and ride back for the price of one bus fare. Get a transfer when you board the bus to use for the return ride.

Search this Thread