First trip on Northwest...

Old Sep 28, 2001, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
First trip on Northwest...

I'm taking advantage of some of the incredible rates on NW from AUS and am doing a mileage run from AUS to LAX that goes AUS-IAH-MSP-LAX-MSP-MEM-AUS for $191.00 (supposed to be in PHX for business and am taking HP from LAX to PHX... fortunately a friend helped me get a refund on a CO ticket which cost more than both of these.)

It's my first time on NW and my first time on an A320. From IAH-MSP I'm in 5D and from MSP to LAX i'm in 6C. Should I go for better seat assignments? Also, what are my chances of getting upgraded if I'm a Gold Elite?

There's a possibility I won't be using the return portion of the ticket. If I do not will I still receive mileage credit for the outbound?
Old Sep 28, 2001, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
Usually elites also get access to bulkheads, so I would try to change to that. As for upgrades, being a Gold has a pretty good chance. Automated upgrades comes through 2 or 3 days in advance, call the elite line and make sure it comes through.
Old Sep 28, 2001, 7:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime: UA Gold, AA Gold, & Marriott Titanium
You should have a good chance of upgrading, probably even better than on CO. If any of your segments are booked as codeshares (CO flight number on NW plane or NW flight number on CO plane) then you probably won't be upgraded automatically. You can call CO and try to get upgraded but be prepared for them to balk.

You should not have any problem receiving credit for the outbound even if you don't use the entire ticket.

Also, if you have a NW ticket, you can check on your upgrades by going to nwa.com clicking on travel planning and then view/change reservations. Enter your last name and PNR and you can see your reservation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.