Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Likelihood our flight canceled or disrupted toward end of month (july)

Likelihood our flight canceled or disrupted toward end of month (july)

Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Bestbob
If they can hold to this cancel rate for the rest of the month, at least that's better than some of the days at the end of June.
I agree. At this point, compared to last month, it's almost a non-event.

Though I would suspect that some people will probably have flights cancelled in August do to NW pulling down 3% of it's flights.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I connected through MSP yesterday around midday. The board showed only two flights cancelled. Neither were mainline.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
I connected through MSP yesterday around midday. The board showed only two flights cancelled. Neither were mainline.
#803 IND-MSP was one. What are the odds?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA 1K, HERTZ Presidents Circle
Mrs NWDogahunt received an email from her travel agent to contact NW daily as they plan to cancel more flights. I have had two in the last few weeks cancelled myself and my neices and nephews flights were cancelled this weekend. I just wish they would contact you, most of the time I have to find out by checking online or calling NWA. Probably will switch to Continental for the rest of my summer travel until NWA gets its act together.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by nwdogahunt
Probably will switch to Continental for the rest of my summer travel until NWA gets its act together.
My thoughts precisely save one little part. Probably will switch to Continental period.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Mrs. MKEbound and Little MKEbound's DTW-MSN flight just cancelled today.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:31 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
My mom just got a call... her MSP-SFO for this sat the 28th was cxl. she's re-routed via MEM now
Old Jul 24, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I would sure be studying backup plans-and make sure there is someone at a computer/phone who can help you with ticketing these.
Good luck.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I would sure be studying backup plans-and make sure there is someone at a computer/phone who can help you with ticketing these.
Good luck.
Great point.

I'm hereby offering my wealth of timetable knowledge and ticketing skills to worried FlyerTalkers and their friends and families. I will only charge a nominal fee, dynamically adjusted based on the amount of backup plans you feel you need. But I will cap my fees at just below the cost of a CoachChoice seat.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
I'm on NW330 LAX-DTW on Sunday 29 July. Checked my reservation online and no cancellation showing yet. Tried to call, but now the CS line just tells you to call back later and then hangs up on you; it gives you no option to hold.

I had not seen any LAX cancellations until just a few posts ago, LAX-DTW FLT332 for this Sat 28 July. Now I am definitely worried as I connect LAX-DTW-AMS-HEL. Only 1 hour in DTW to connect to NW54 to AMS...

Better start researching my back-up plans.

Edit note: Equipment on NW330 has been changed to 757-200 from A320 Not sure what kind of sign that is.

Last edited by 1worldtrader; Jul 24, 2007 at 5:56 pm
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
holy sh...

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airlin...7-23&x=12&y=13
7/22: 76 flights cancelled
7/23: 62
7/24: 42 as of 7.51 EST

I have a very close DTW-BDL//BOS-DTW booked on NW for 7/30... time to scramble and find alternatives asap or else...
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Great point.

I'm hereby offering my wealth of timetable knowledge and ticketing skills to worried FlyerTalkers and their friends and families. I will only charge a nominal fee, dynamically adjusted based on the amount of backup plans you feel you need. But I will cap my fees at just below the cost of a CoachChoice seat.
If you're going to be available you may want to follow though with this offer! I may be a client myself. There are 5 of us. I'm serious.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA, AA, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Availability on LAX-DTW NW330 on 29 July is showing as :
P3 F0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 V0 L0 T0 K0

Any indication there that the flight will be cancelled?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
A couple of my colleagues were scheduled on flight 332 LAX-DTW on Sat 7/28 and just received a cancellation notice. No seats from LAX-DTW available until the next day (they were rebooked on a connecting flight through MSP on Sunday). Flight 332 is an A320.

Spirit still has a couple of seats open on both flights that day. Good luck!
Old Jul 24, 2007, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by oliver2002
holy sh...

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airlin...7-23&x=12&y=13
7/22: 76 flights cancelled
7/23: 62
7/24: 42 as of 7.51 EST

I have a very close DTW-BDL//BOS-DTW booked on NW for 7/30... time to scramble and find alternatives asap or else...
My prediction appears to be coming true (increasing cancellations, just like last month) but this month we can't measure the impact based solely on the # of cancellations. In some occasions, multiple narrow body flights are replaced by 330's & 747's, which (in theory) should leave a small residual of unaccommodated pax from those particular flights. These substitutions have been going on for a while, which should also mitigate the end-of-month catastrophe as compared to June.

So what is the real impact of the pilot shortage turning out to be in July?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.