Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Likelihood our flight canceled or disrupted toward end of month (july)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Likelihood our flight canceled or disrupted toward end of month (july)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by emoney1978
Well, my 6:30 AM BOS-DTW on 7/19 *and* my 6:00 AM BOS-MSP-SEA on 7/22 got cancelled (in the latter one, I think it was the MSP-SEA that was cancelled, but I'm not sure).

For the 7/19 flight, I didn't get out of DTW until 3:20 PM and it landed at 7:20 PM. For the 7/22 flight, they originally put me in Y on UA from BOS-LAX and Y on AS from LAX-SEA, but I was able to get NW First BOS-MSP-SEA later in the day.

So I'd say it's not too early to tell if they've fixed their pilot problems... they haven't.
Hmm, good point. It looks like it indeed has started again.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
BTW...NW also cancelled this morning's BOS-DTW run (NW211, the 9am 757) for crew issues. Yet, NW211 continued DTW-SEA.

Just doesn't make sense to me...

-RM
Old Jul 21, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, HH Silver, Marriott Rewards
Yes, it does. Witness my post elsewhere re two morning flights from MDW to DTW cancelled on Friday. Let's hope it maybe isn't quite as bad this month as last. My last flight this month is a DC-9 Tuesday night BWI-DTW and I'm hoping to avoid the worst of it and end of July grows near.

Originally Posted by bk42
Hmm, good point. It looks like it indeed has started again.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:10 pm
Yub

NW234 DTW-DCA Sunday 7/22 Canceled

This flight was canceled in the last couple of hours. It was originally scheduled on a 757-200 (755).
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:48 am

Flight 1189 DTW-LAS on 7/28 was cancelled earlier tonight and every other NW flight into Vegas was fully booked.

^ to the reservation line for taking care of it and getting me home Saturday on Continental.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Next Saturday's FLL-DTW (NW251) cancelled already. At least they gave me a week's notice. Now to call and get it fixed. Second week in a row I've had a leg cancelled; but again, they're at least doing a good job of doing it early (though not of notifying me, which they've yet to do, though my calling to fix may stop any future notifications).

Just be vigilant about checking upcoming reservations starting a week out.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles- Platinum Elite, United MilagePlus- Premier Executive, AAdvantage- Basic
Flew out of and into DTW yesterday (7/21) and saw the following cancellations (LAX, both morning LGA's, BWI, ROA, PHL, TPA, ROC, MBS)
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:23 am

Follow up (no new info) to my post earlier in this thread.

I'm concerned about AM flights on the 26th. EWR-MSP and a IND-MSP flight. Thoughts people? Thanks much in advance!

The EWR flight is on an A319 and the IND a 757-300. Both of us connect at MSP on 809 (I hope!)

Per suggestion/s I've been looking at alt routes (with these latest posts it appears with good reason!) . Couple questions.

A: Anybody have thoughts/ideas/opinions on the 2 flights above as far as them being disrupted?

B: Should I be looking for alternatives to MSP or alternatives all the way to OGG (have a connect to catch in HNL to OGG as well). ?

Thanks for any help/advice. I was really hoping this would be a non-issue. (and it still might be of course). Just getting a little nervous.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 11:47 am

The cancellations also hit Pinnacle; NW2934 from State College (SCE) to DTW went bye-bye this morning, giving me a nice lovely detour via Atlanta and an all-CRJ itinerary (boo). And as a nice bonus we all got SSSS'd.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: NW / AA
Cancellation City

Just had my 6:26 AM flight cancelled for the 4th time in 6 weeks. Of course, no call, no notification of any kind.

I happened to notice it last night so I called and all the Elite line could say is that they had placed me on the 10:27 AM but I was 'unassigned'.

So today (Sunday) I tried to get a boarding pass. No luck; kept saying 'see agent'. I called the Elite line. Supposedly they couldn't do anything so I insisted they get a supervisor. Low and behold the supervisor was able to get me a seat (Seatcounter said 0 open seats). I called a fellow traveler (we both travel on the Monday 6:26 AM) and he didn't know about the cancellation either despite his Gold status.

So after close to an hour I was able to get a boarding pass (back in coach).

Time to dump these morons and look for a new carrier. NW and Steenland really don't care and are as incapable of taking care of business as our esteemed Presnit.

Maybe Continental can take NW over and do something. Otherwise we just need to find a new airline at DTW.

Disgusted.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

OP - I got jinxed ! but fixed it = NW reroutes, we end up on US

Well, as the OP I guess my friend and I got jinxed as an automated voice mail came to my cell today, Sunday (as I was preparing a large reception at church !) to say NW had canceled our return flight from LAS a week today, and put us on a red eye, departing about 9 hours later, connecting via Memphis, ending up in DTW around 11 the next morning.

I phoned and after dealing with (and being "accidentally" hung up on by) a seemingly hopeless agent, I was lucky to deal with an extremely efficient and courteous agent whose sine is PG. Within a few minutes he had checked with US Air and put us on their nonstop flight at 1:40 pm, roughly the same time as our NW flight would have left.

Full marks to NW for advising us now - but shame on them that they tried to foist such a dreadful substitute. If this wheel hadn't squeaked (and if we hadn't been flying F ?) I wonder if we would have been stuck with what they first proposed. Guess it shows one should always phone the Rez centre under such conditions as manifestly superior alternatives are often available if one insists politely that one isn't going to be re-routed and inconvenienced !
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:23 pm

Likelihood my flights disrupted toward end of month

I'm concerned about AM flights on the 26th. EWR-MSP and a IND-MSP flight. Thoughts people? Thanks much in advance!

The EWR flight is on an A319 and the IND a 757-300. Both of us connect at MSP on 809 (I hope!)

Per suggestion/s I've been looking at alt routes (with these latest posts it appears with good reason!) . Couple questions.

A: Anybody have thoughts/ideas/opinions on the 2 flights above as far as them being disrupted?

B: Should I be looking for alternatives to MSP or alternatives all the way to OGG (have a connect to catch in HNL to OGG as well). ?

Thanks for any help/advice. I was really hoping this would be a non-issue. (and it still might be of course). Just getting a little nervous.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:52 pm

Not a good way to start the week!

The IND-MSP flight is canceled for tomorrow (7-23)
Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by lovetotravel06

Did you book your tickets through Northwest? There are plenty of options on Northwest to get to HNL - LAX, MSP, and SEA are three that come to mind but maybe also an SFO? Otherwise they'll be able to book you on Delta or Continental (I was rebooked on CO yesterday) and then the other alternatives. You'll have to be a little flexible but you should have no problems, I would think.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by cnrussell
Did you book your tickets through Northwest? There are plenty of options on Northwest to get to HNL - LAX, MSP, and SEA are three that come to mind but maybe also an SFO? Otherwise they'll be able to book you on Delta or Continental (I was rebooked on CO yesterday) and then the other alternatives. You'll have to be a little flexible but you should have no problems, I would think.
Thanks much for the reply. Yes the tickets were booked through NW. Have a connect in HNL to OGG in jeopardy too. Car rentals, condo check in, etc. This will be a pretty big mess if it all goes down the tubes. Supposed to meet another party in MSP for the 809.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.