Wiki Posts
Search

Given up on NWA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2001, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Given up on NWA

WP:

You seem very sincere, and this is appreciated. However, after my six unanswered emails to NWA, and one phone call, I give up. I registered for the promo, my five transactions are all posted in the correct time frame, just no 10,000 miles. I live in Atlanta, but travel to Detroit quite a bit. I was looking to escape Delta, but it certainly will not be with Northwest. I have status with two airlines, and fly a lot. Oh well.
Old May 29, 2001, 7:31 am

My experience is that someone willing to put up with Delta over 10,000 bonus, not flight, miles, does not have much status on NW, does not fly very often.

There are big deals, and there are small deals, and while loss of 10K bonus miles hurts, it isn't worth sitting on the back of the bus as much as you do with Delta.
Old May 29, 2001, 9:46 am
wp

Originally posted by Tomas:
WP:

You seem very sincere, and this is appreciated. However, after my six unanswered emails to NWA, and one phone call, I give up. I registered for the promo, my five transactions are all posted in the correct time frame, just no 10,000 miles. I live in Atlanta, but travel to Detroit quite a bit. I was looking to escape Delta, but it certainly will not be with Northwest. I have status with two airlines, and fly a lot. Oh well.
Tomas - A few questions to clarify your situation:

1. What date did you register (I am asking to see if you were grandfathered in just in case you used Point-To-Miles partners toward your 5 usages).

1. What partners did you use and what were the transaction dates (I am trying to confirm that your partner usage did in fact qualify).

2. When you say the "transactions all posted in the correct timeframe", do you really mean "posted" or do you mean that your transaction dates were during the promo period? Do you know the date of your last posting, not transaction date, but when the miles of your fifth transaction posted? (You may not know the posting date of your 5th transaction - but I am trying to clarify if perhaps your transaction dates occurred prior to April 30, but the miles weren't actually posted until May).

3. Have you received confirmation that you were registered? (I am assuming not since it appears that you have not received a response but I am trying to see if this could be the issue).

4. How did you send the e-mail? Did you go into Talk to Us on nwa.com and then click on WorldPerks and then title the e-mail something like "Fly Free Faster Promotion"? (I am trying to see if your request got to the right team or if lack of information describing the e-mail might have caused it to be sent to a different department outside of WorldPerks, thus causing a delay).

5. When did you send the e-mail? Our response time is 4 business days.

Thanks!
wp
Old May 29, 2001, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by wp:

1. What date did you register (I am asking to see if you were grandfathered in just in case you used Point-To-Miles partners toward your 5 usages).

Answer: I believe it was in mid-March, and it was via the web.

1. What partners did you use and what were the transaction dates (I am trying to confirm that your partner usage did in fact qualify).

Answer: "Netcentives" (ClickRewards) 4/24/01
Hilton Hotels 4/21/01
Avis 4/21/01
Flower Club 4/15/01
Marriott transfer 4/13/01
**The above five are posted in my account, and I got the info from my account history on the World Perks site.**

I also did the following in early April, and linked to these vendors via the NWA web site. These have not posted:

EBags appx. 4/10/01
Shop4 appx. 4/10/01

2. When you say the "transactions all posted in the correct timeframe", do you really mean "posted" or do you mean that your transaction dates were during the promo period? Do you know the date of your last posting, not transaction date, but when the miles of your fifth transaction posted? (You may not know the posting date of your 5th transaction - but I am trying to clarify if perhaps your transaction dates occurred prior to April 30, but the miles weren't actually posted until May).

Answer: See above.

3. Have you received confirmation that you were registered? (I am assuming not since it appears that you have not received a response but I am trying to see if this could be the issue).

Answer: No

4. How did you send the e-mail? Did you go into Talk to Us on nwa.com and then click on WorldPerks and then title the e-mail something like "Fly Free Faster Promotion"? (I am trying to see if your request got to the right team or if lack of information describing the e-mail might have caused it to be sent to a different department outside of WorldPerks, thus causing a delay).

Answer: I went through "Talk To Us" and sent them under the category related to Promotions.

Answer: I sent these emails during the approximate timeframe of 5/10 to 5/24. I talked to a representative on the phone on 5/21. He verified that my five transactions that have posted are indeed eligible. He told me to wait a week or ten days. While it has not been ten days, I am bothered by the lack of email response as much as anything.

Thanks!
wp
I just want to tell you how much help like yours is appreciated. The thing that causes so much stress at times is that it appears there is nobody to talk to about specific issues. That is why I am being a bit careful about picking another carrier - I want the customer service to be better than I am presently receiving via "simply good business.".

Thank you...

Old May 29, 2001, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by nw_with_attitude:
My experience is that someone willing to put up with Delta over 10,000 bonus, not flight, miles, does not have much status on NW, does not fly very often.

There are big deals, and there are small deals, and while loss of 10K bonus miles hurts, it isn't worth sitting on the back of the bus as much as you do with Delta.
I think I can derive from your language that you have attempted to flame me. Without any knowledge of who I am or my particular situation, why would you do that?

Old May 29, 2001, 4:19 pm
wp

It appears that your 5th qualifying transaction had a transaction date of 4/24. Given that it takes our partners several weeks to post the miles, I am assuming that these miles with a transaction date of 4/24 from Netcentives/ClickRewards posted sometime in May. Given this assumption, it is not unusual that you have not yet received the 10,000 Bonus Miles because these won't post for at least 2 weeks after your 5th transaction POSTS (not to be confused with the transaction date listed on your statement). Remember, the Terms and Conditions actually say to allow 6-8 weeks.

On behalf of WorldPerks, I apologize for the problem you are having regarding e-mail response time. I am told that our turnaround is 4 business days. Because I don't know your true identity and WorldPerks number, it is very difficult for me to follow-up regarding the e-mails. Also, I am in Marketing, not Customer Service, so I don't know all of the details as to how the e-mails are being prioritized. Please let me know when you receive a response.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old May 29, 2001, 7:12 pm
Original Member

y'know, I just can't help wondering...

When was the last time a Delta rep addressed any question of mine directly? Or, when was the last time a Delta rep addressed a concern of mine on this public board?

Wait a minute.....it's coming to me....wait....wait....

AH! It's here! I have the answer!

NEVER.

not once.

Thanks, wp, for caring. for trying.

-Harry
Old May 29, 2001, 8:35 pm

Come on guys, give NW a break.

6-8 weeks to post.
Old May 29, 2001, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by hnechets:
y'know, I just can't help wondering...

When was the last time a Delta rep addressed any question of mine directly? Or, when was the last time a Delta rep addressed a concern of mine on this public board?

Wait a minute.....it's coming to me....wait....wait....

AH! It's here! I have the answer!

NEVER.

not once.

Thanks, wp, for caring. for trying.

-Harry
I say a big Amen to that, Harry. I have been a great long time Delta customer, and their recent service stinks. The hands-on caring shown here by WP is tremendous. That is why I wish to escape "simply good business." Based on the help from WP here, I feel like I will get my situation straight, and maybe will be flying Northwest on my ATL-DTW segments soon.
Old Jun 10, 2001, 6:59 am
kid

Should I be giving up too?

Now finally each of my 3 separate April NWA WP Dining for Miles have been posted - for 6 total qualifying transactions for the FFF promotion - but still no 10,000 Miles have been credited.

12May2001 Signature Corporation - Dining For Miles 251

28Apr2001 Signature Corporation - Dining For Miles 119

27Apr2001 Signature Corporation - Dining For Miles 155

24Apr2001 Netcentives 250

24Apr2001 Starwood Hotels - Sheraton Hotel 10

30Mar2001 Netcentives 250

What is the story? I thought that this was automatic when the posts came through?

Also, I did register very early and also called twice to confirm it was successful and still nothing. Is there more that I could possibly do? Needless to say, this does not make me very happy at all.

Please award the 10,000 WP miles I was promised. I hope this can be rectified easily and quickly. Thank you.

Old Jun 10, 2001, 7:59 am

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Not to carry the water for NWA on this one since I'm sure they will continue to do an admirable job for themselves, but registering "very early" doesn't necessarily mean that it was during the very short window which would have netted you the correct number of transactions in compliance with the terms of the promotion. I'm not trying to be a killjoy here, but by my understanding, what you listed would be short of the five creditable transactions, in most cases. That is due to some duplications during single months and over the length of the promotion -- UNLESS you were grandfathered by registering during that window. I've seen a number of those situations described here and I think that while there obviously some problems with various parties involved in the promotion, NWA seems to get the rap for EVERYONE'S shortcomings: registrants; participating partners; their various fulfillment agencies; individual restaurants -- you name it! When the promotion was first announced, I printed out the rules and sat there with a highlighter to be sure I understood all of the terms and conditions because it seemed like a surprisingly generous promotion. (I also printed out the screen when I registered with the date noted). As it turned out, it WAS a very generous promotion -- but a very specific one, too.
Old Jun 10, 2001, 6:57 pm
wp

STANDBY4321: Thank you for your sentiments. I agree with most of what you stated. However, please be aware that multiple Dining For Miles transactions are valid whether or not a member was grandfathered. Only the points-to-miles transactions (i.e. Netcentives/ClickRewards)are affected.

Kid: Assuming you registered, you do have 5 qualifying transactions. If you registered on 2/11 or thereafter, only one of your Netcentives transactions would count, but you still would be covered since you have four additional transactions (1 Netcentives + 3 Dining + 1 Starwood). You state that your Dining transactions finally posted. No, the 10,000 miles are not automatically sent when your 5th transaction is sent. Remember, the 5th transaction comes from a partner and the 10,000 miles comes from WorldPerks. You need to give WorldPerks a chance to sweep your account after the 5th partner transaction and ensure you have the qualifying transactions and then post the 10,000 miles. The promo stated to allow 6-8 weeks after your 5th transaction posts. Therefore, there is nothing more you need to do except to please be patient.

Old Jun 11, 2001, 7:35 am
kid

Thank you very much wp.
Old Jun 11, 2001, 4:44 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Oooooops! Sorry for the bum steer there kid and I hope you get you miles, too. Even with my highlighter, I didn't get it all right! Happily, WP to the rescue once more.
Old Jun 12, 2001, 6:06 am
wp

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Tomas:
&lt;BLOCKQUOTE&gt;&lt;font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"&gt;quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;HR&gt;Originally posted by wp:

Answer: I believe it was in mid-March, and it was via the web.

Answer: "Netcentives" (ClickRewards) 4/24/01
Hilton Hotels 4/21/01
Avis 4/21/01
Flower Club 4/15/01
Marriott transfer 4/13/01
**The above five are posted in my account, and I got the info from my account history on the World Perks site.**

I also did the following in early April, and linked to these vendors via the NWA web site. These have not posted:

EBags appx. 4/10/01
Shop4 appx. 4/10/01

Answer: See above.

Answer: No

Answer: I went through "Talk To Us" and sent them under the category related to Promotions.

Answer: I sent these emails during the approximate timeframe of 5/10 to 5/24. I talked to a representative on the phone on 5/21. He verified that my five transactions that have posted are indeed eligible. He told me to wait a week or ten days. While it has not been ten days, I am bothered by the lack of email response as much as anything.

Thanks!
wp
&lt;HR&gt;&lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt;

I just want to tell you how much help like yours is appreciated. The thing that causes so much stress at times is that it appears there is nobody to talk to about specific issues. That is why I am being a bit careful about picking another carrier - I want the customer service to be better than I am presently receiving via "simply good business.".

Thank you...

</font>
Tomas - Did you ever get everything squared away on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.