Does Shop4.com really give miles?

Old Apr 4, 01, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Does Shop4.com really give miles?

I signed up Shop4.com in January, and bought a phone there on 2/4/01.
I havn't received any mile.
Old Apr 5, 01, 7:24 am

Have you even received your order? I ordered something on March 10 & 18, and when I checked to see their status, they said neither have shipped.

How long did it take you to receive your item??
Old Apr 5, 01, 8:17 am

Not only I haven't received miles yet, not only haven't received ordered items yet, but...I have already been charged for the order two weeks ago!
Old Apr 5, 01, 8:21 am

I joined them on 2/8/2001. Till now I have put 3 orders with them for me and 2 for my wife. My first 2 orders didn't ship for 15 days . So I call them and they say that they are out of stock. They do not have courtesy to call me and tell me that. I order 3rd time. I get the items after 15 days. My order status on the web site still says not shipped. I call them , then they say they will update my account and charge my card. No Miles yet. I am not sure when will I receive them.

In my wife's account, nothing was shipped . They call after 30 days to tell that order can not be shipped. No miles here too.

I really doubt how they stay in business with such service.

Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 01, 10:28 am
CAP

Joined 7/00. Ordered in 8/00. No miles posted. Called and emailed several times. Finally gave up. Miles appeared in my account in the last 3 weeks. Of course the miles were backdated to appropriate month.
Old Apr 5, 01, 10:46 am

I made an order in February. Several weeks went by and I did not receive my shipment. Then, last Saturday, I got a phone call from them, saying my item was out of stock. They hung up before I was able to ask any questions.
Old Apr 5, 01, 12:12 pm

I ordered an item on 2/8/01. Haven't heard any for a month and after three emails and a month later I got a reply that the item was out of stock and won't be shipped till end of April. Obviously cancelled the order and membership. I don't think its a site worth spending time on.
Old Apr 5, 01, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

I got my order promptly, but shop4.com has a very poor order tracking system. 3 weeks after I got my order, I got a phone call from shop4.com to ask me if I have got the order.

No miles posted yet. I am desperate.
Old Apr 5, 01, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
I ordered some "gourmet" food from shop4.com on 3/26. I called CS to ask about the status since I was told that the order would be shipped within 10 biz days. As of 4/5 the order is still at the vendor. I called shop4.com CS. The CSR told me that they would contact the vendor and get back to me within a biz day regarding the status. shop4.com's website lacks information on order status.

I'll keep y'all informed.
Old Apr 10, 01, 10:16 am

Programs: AA - Lifetime Gold
An update...

Called about my babyback ribs order placed in mid-March. They stated its still at the vendor. I asked who the vendor was. The rep said she had no idea. I asked who would. She said their Ops dept. I asked to speak to somebody in the Ops dept. She said no I can't do that. I said ok... cancel the order and credit the membership fee of $29.95. She did so and I'll get my credit in 1 to 2 billing cycles!

Talk about lousy service.

Old Apr 12, 01, 4:00 pm

Several days ago I called them to hear the shipment status, after finding they had already charged me the order two weeks ago while haven't received it yet.

The rep told me their record showed my order had already been shipped about two week ago. I asked her its tracking information. She told me they would contact me back in a few days to tell it (what??).

So far no calls from them, and today I found they have creditted the charge amount back. No contact from them whatsoever.
Old Apr 12, 01, 4:42 pm

I can't imagine NW being associated with a firm like this. Let's hope they get more reliable companies at the WORLDPERKS MALL for future use and miles.

The exposure from this promotion could really have helped this company if things were handled in a positive manner. I am sure MANY more people will use the dining program after seeing how easy it was to acquire miles for something we do all the time anyway.
Old Apr 12, 01, 8:06 pm

My order on 3/18 for a DVD was cancelled today...

Thanks a lot Shop4!!

Old Apr 14, 01, 2:49 pm
Suspended

These guys got to be the worst shopping site ever on the net.
Signed up 2/21 no miles yet. Ordered a paper shredder on 3/20, on 4/9 I got a letter saying " the promotional offer you enrolled under is expired and no longer available "
Checked the NWA site and found they were still listed there.
Called Shop4, got a guy who could not explain the letter, and also could not find me as being enrolled. Then I gave the order number, he then finds my NWA World Perks number.
Am I enrolled? I ask " You must be " he says
Then he goes on to say " oh yes, your order has been cancelled the item no longer available "
Asked will I get my sign-up miles, yes he said " but probably not till near the end of the 90 day promotional period "

UNBELIEVABLE, is'nt this company supposed to be a part of or operated by GE? " the best run company on the planet" if you believe the guys on CNBC.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 04-14-2001).]
Old Apr 15, 01, 11:12 am
Original Member

I, too, have had the unbelievable experience. I received what I ordered, but I would not have ordered the product if it had not been for the Northwest promotion. I have not received the 1,000 mile signing bonus, the 1,000 mile first-order bonus, or the miles for the product purchase. When I wrote a complaint letter, they e-mailed me and called me and said I would get all of the miles. Two days ago, I, too, got the letter that indicated the promotion had expired.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: