FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest WorldPerks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks-497/)
-   -   Ebags - does not deserve to be a WP partner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/northwest-worldperks/71015-ebags-does-not-deserve-wp-partner.html)

rkjflyer1 Apr 25, 2001 3:41 pm

Ebags - does not deserve to be a WP partner

Ebags does not deserve to be a partner with WP or for that matter any mileage program.
No miles yet for my purchase in Feb. When i ask them, their CSRs feign ignorance. And now, they have even conveniently removed my WP acct. information from their system so that they can say that i did not login thru the WP mall. They have denied me clickmiles earlier for my purchase thru clickrewards and the clickrewards CS had to comp me the miles. All this but there is no let up in the loads of spam that i get almost everday from them.

flytoeat Apr 25, 2001 4:10 pm

Sorry to hear of your trouble with E-Bags. All four members of my family used E-Bags for credits in the FFF promo. The E-Bags posted faster to our Worldperks than any of the other partners. I have been very happy with them.

TimCLE Apr 25, 2001 4:19 pm

I have had it with eBags also!!

A couple days ago I got worried that my mileage for a February purchase hadn't shown up yet (needed for FlyFreeFaster). They claimed I DID NOT use the NW link, even after the system took my WP number twice. They claimed to have submitted the info manually to WorldPerks, but I highly doubt it. We'll see what happens, looks like some people might be out the 10,000 bonus.

Ling Apr 25, 2001 4:25 pm

I bought 2 items from ebags for one of my credits for the FFF promo. I got prompt service, and received both items. The only complaint I have is the first item received was not what I ordered. My NW account has not been credited (only two weeks though). Will call about the duffle bag I received (I ordered a backpack) and see what happens.

Linda

ETOPS01 Apr 25, 2001 4:29 pm

Better get your credit and customer service hassles out of the way soon, as they'll probably dot-bomb before much longer.

At least, put in your disputes with your credit card banks, since once they declare bankruptcy, they're untouchable.

HawaiiDave Apr 25, 2001 6:32 pm

I made 2 purchases last month and have yet to receive WP mileage credit for them. I suppose I should follow up based on this thread!

Aloha

keithnj973 Apr 26, 2001 3:41 am

Received all of my miles fine, been buying from them since 1999. I had one problem with a Palm case I bought and they had the owner of the manufacturing company call me to resolve it. They also now have 24/7 customer service.

Mtkauff Apr 26, 2001 5:30 am

I had a problem with ebags recording my WP number for the FFF promo also. I went to their site and did the live chat with their CSR. I asked them to check their records and the man told me there was no record of my WP number. He asked for the number and said he would enter it manually. Even if they did not, at least when you speak to ebags CS online, they email you a complete transcript of the chat. That, along with my invoice and confirmation might help if I need to raise some heck http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif with NW when it comes time for the 10k miles.

TravelWeary Apr 26, 2001 5:44 pm

You know when I made an e-Bags purchase through the WorldPerks mall, I printed the order page and it states right at the bottom that I would be getting miles for the order or something like that. I printed that out as evidence just in case. Didn't the rest of you do this?

RKG Apr 26, 2001 6:48 pm

I neglected to make a copy of the ebags transaction page. I have an uneasy feeling about ebags. I think I will do a "Dining for Miles" tomorrow - just to be sure.

-RKG

hobson Apr 26, 2001 9:21 pm

My ebags miles posted in about 5 weeks and did those for my wife in the 10K miles promotion. A suitcase we ordered proved to be defective. We used in on one trip. Contacted customer service via the web and got a cust. service call back the next day. The have credited back the charge on our credit card and even paid for the shipping. Hard to beat the service.

tartetatin2 Apr 27, 2001 10:14 am

hobson- With returned merchandise, your partner miles will be pulled out of your account. Are you covered for your five credits if this happens?

hobson Apr 27, 2001 9:36 pm

tartetatin2-
Thanks for asking. Yes. We originally bought 2 items each, so even with a credit back, we'll be fine...assuming the Ashford credit comes through for my wife.

ShouldaBeenABlonde Apr 28, 2001 9:55 am

My eBags miles just posted last night for a purchase I made on February 21. I sent eBags a nasty-gram in the middle of April requesting my miles. They replied that I hadn't entered my WP number for my purchase. Yeah, right http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mad.gif. So anyway...my miles have finally posted.

My Ashford miles posted at the beginning/mid of April for a purchase on 2/21.

Both Ashford & eBags are shown as "other bonus" on my on-line statement.

TimCLE Apr 28, 2001 11:03 am

Wow! I got my eBags mileage posted yesterday. I'm shocked...I was told they would be submitted manually. I thought that would take at least a month - I was wrong.

17Feb2001 Other Bonus 110
17Feb2001 Other Bonus 525