Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Reservation Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2000, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Award Reservation Seat Selection

Hi everyone. This winter my girlfriend and I will be flying to Frankfurt, her on her own nickel, and me with the reduced-mile award ticket. I have a question about the seat assignment. With an award reservation, can you have a seat assignment in advance? I know you can only choose window or aisle when you do an online booking. I of course would like to sit next to my girlfriend, so it would be really good (necessary!) to have an advanced seat assignment. Am I to call the award reservation after I make the booking? Can the Elite line do this also? Please advice me. Thanks!

Jack
Old Oct 26, 2000, 3:31 pm

I've never had any problems making seat reservations on NW/KL flights for NWA purchased tickets, consolidator tickets, and award tickets. Once your tickets are booked, just call up reservations and have them pull up your records. One of the options from the menu is something like "for help with an existing reservation...".

Especially given that you're flying to Europe in the Winter, I don't imagine getting two seats together will be too hard.
Old Oct 26, 2000, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Jack:

I did something similar to yours earlier this yr. I booked one ticket using NW award and another one on paid ticket. First, you must check and able to book both tickets on the same flight first. I did that by making reservation for the award ticket first (since that's a lot harder to book than the paid one), then once I get that I booked the paid one as well. The res. agent told me that they could not assign seat until you are in 90 days window for travelling. So, if you will be travel in next 90 days, you should be able to get seats at this time. Good luck, Helen
Old Oct 27, 2000, 3:01 pm

Jack,

Give the elite line a call. A few years back I made an award reservation through this channel, to match up with my corporate-reserved one. I had no trouble, and have a feeling that I may not have had the same sucess calling the standard WP number.

Helen is quite correct on the 90 day window. Keep in mind that 90 days before your outbound flight will come before the return flight window. If you don't want to mess around with calling at two separate times, figure the 90 days against your coming-home date.

Have a good time!
Old Oct 27, 2000, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the advice! As you suggested, I first checked for the common flight available for both the award reservation and the paid reservation, and booked the flight accordingly. After my friend received the seat assignments for her paid ticket, I called the Elite line right away, and got seat assignments next to hers on all flights. By the way, we will be departing on December 7, and so that is within the 90-day window.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Jack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.