Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

How good are things at NWA? Record September Traffic Reported

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2000, 2:11 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Posting the highest September load factor in the Company's history, including record load factors in both its domestic and Pacific entities, Northwest Airlines (Nasdaq: NWAC - news) announced today that it flew 6.50 billion revenue passenger miles (RPM) in September, an increase of 5.1 percent from the 6.19 billion RPM in the previous year. Available seat miles (ASM) increased 0.5 percent from 8.46 billion ASM in August 1999 to 8.50 billion ASM in 2000, producing a 3.3 point increase in load factor.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001004/mn_northwe_2.html
Old Oct 7, 2000, 10:01 am

Well everyone I know fly NW to CN, and they have travelled quiet a bit this year, so i guess they have contributed some to this record September, and were they satisfied in these long-hual flights? not quiet, food weren't that good, service is not as good as say Cathay Pacific, but who wants to connect in HKK anyhow? they want straight non-stop to PEK from either DTW or SFO.
So in sense, this is kinda like a monopoly among the asian community here, though you have a choice of flying UA, but alot of Asians reside in the East coast and South, and to connect in SFO is quiet a hassle.

Al

[This message has been edited by afang (edited 10-07-2000).]
Old Oct 16, 2000, 1:50 pm
doc
Original Poster

Northwest Airlines (Nasdaq: NWAC - news) will conduct a live audio webcast of its conference call with the financial community on Thursday, October 19, 2000 at 11:30 a.m. ET to discuss the Company's third quarter financial and operating results. The webcast will be available to the public on a listen-only basis at the Company's award-winning web site under the Investor Relations link.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001016/mn_nwa_ern.html
Old Oct 16, 2000, 2:05 pm

If anyone check NW's recent on-time performance they'll see the airline is shedding its Northworst moniker.

I think the real issue is not so much the airline, but the airport. Even if you fly CO into DTW and you can run into problems. On the other hand, fly NW through MSP and your trip can be great.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...Well everyone I know fly NW to CN, and they have travelled quiet a bit this year, so i guess they have contributed some to this record September, and were they satisfied in these long-hual flights? not quiet, food weren't that good...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folks, I now think I REALLY know who the emmet-guy REALLY is.

hee hee
Old Oct 19, 2000, 5:46 am
doc
Original Poster

Northwest Airlines Corporation (Nasdaq: NWAC - news) today reported net income of $207 million or $2.23 per diluted common share for the three months ended September 30, 2000. The Company's strong financial performance was achieved in the face of higher fuel prices (which for the third quarter increased 58.7 percent or $200 million pre-tax year-over-year) and is a 15 percent improvement over third quarter 1999 net income of $180 million or $1.96 per diluted common share.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001019/mn_northwe.html

UPDATE: Shares of NWA soared nearly 10% as the Twin Cities-based carrier beat Wall Street's third-quarter estimates despite higher fuel costs.
http://cbs.marketwatch.com/archive/2...yhoo&dist=yhoo

----

Now we see why they want $100/sh in a takeover!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-19-2000).]
Old Oct 19, 2000, 8:34 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
On a related subject, NWA today announced that the record profits were due to, " a decrease in maintance of aircraft". Eye Dontcare, Head of maintence remarked, "well heck, Why should we fix the boeing 727s since we are going to retire them, next year anyway..."
When asked if this was correct, mr Lyeng Edeyot replied, "sure the dc nine fleet requires carbon dating to check the last time they were'nt worn out, but heck, Our customers will just have to live with it."
More news expected later on www.dochatesnorthwest.bigtime
Old Oct 19, 2000, 8:59 am
doc
Original Poster

Hey, that's a dead link!

Fuel costs rose 59 percent to $541 million in the quarter from a year earlier, but that was offset by strong growth in passenger revenue and higher fares. International demand was particularly strong, especially flights across the Pacific.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/busin...thwest-ea.html
Old Oct 19, 2000, 9:21 am

You can see which companies knew how to hedge their feul costs by the increase. Delta was tops, and US Airways was lowest.

United to Asia is terrible. NW is at least value for dollar. Top service however comes from the flag carriers in First Class.

Old Oct 19, 2000, 1:34 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
Doc, thanks for publishing all this good news about Northwest. Things are looking up, aren't they ? Something must be working.

Cigarman, Mr. Eye Dontcare has gotten a job at United, where he (a) makes more money and (b) sits up front.
Old Oct 19, 2000, 2:44 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.