What to do with a zombie reservation?

Old Jun 5, 07, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
What to do with a zombie reservation?

I made 2 reservations/tickets for the YVR-OTP mistake fare. While I cancelled one trip within 24 hours, it is still showing up (almost 8 months later!) on NWA.com (and KLM.com) albeit without ticket numbers. Since the outgoing flights for both reservations are identical (on KL and MA codeshare), should I call/write NWA.com to have the zombie reservation cancelled?
Old Jun 5, 07, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there are no ticket numbers, I don't know that I would even touch it, just in case they messed with the real reservation.
Old Jun 5, 07, 3:33 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
This happens all the time with AMEX, my company's travel agent. I usually call NWA elite and have them removed.

I have always wondered why it happens. I've canceled tickets and had a res still show up with no associated ticket number. I can still see seat maps and all that other jazz. What happens if I didn't call and cancel it?

Would they expect me there on the flight even no there is no associated eticket number? The fares were all B fares, so I wasn't too worried, but still as a courtesy to others canceled them so my seat opened up.
Old Jun 5, 07, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
If there are no ticket numbers, I don't know that I would even touch it, just in case they messed with the real reservation.
That's my inclination too but I'm worried about what KL would do. I guess I could have KL kill the zombie when I check in for the outbound. Funny thing is that it showed up in my KLM.com itineraries irregardless.
Old Jun 6, 07, 12:20 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
NW's computers are pretty good and deleting zombie reservations from the times that I've had that happen....though my zombie Emirates flight that was booked by my travel agent with my NW number was on nwa.com for months until the flight happened....
Old Jun 6, 07, 1:36 pm

I've had the zombie reservations as well. I've called and they've either gotten rid of them or told me it will disappear after the flight date. I even had one "zombie" that upgraded me to first. I called and confirmed that I was not taking the flight so that someone else could get the upgrade.

Search this Thread